• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Traditionally that has been true. But I go back to several things over the years. 

1. Fox was pushing the 2012 contest as being close. Now maybe it was the on air talent and not the polling. Obama won easily and was ahead in most polls most of the election season

2. They did fire the guy who called Arizona for Biden. 

I don't really trust any polling these days, but I will say this supports the data shared before Trumps conviction which some voters would switch over if a conviction happened. Or maybe more is less.The non stop talk about Trump in the media I don't believe at this point is an advantage.  Outside of diehards, I think most people are sick of having Trump be the number one story for 8 years. 

On a side note, that primary election in Virginia with the 2 congressmen was another race not polled well. The polling had the Trump endoresed candidate way ahead and it's neck and neck.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members
Posted (edited)

It was. They were in open conflict with the polling, to the point that IIRC Karl Rove walked live down to the polling guys on-camera to complain on Election Night.

The voting factors I see cited in these and other polls (less drama, future of democracy, abortion) also back that up IMO.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Even my own mother, who swears she ain't a Trump supporter, even though I know damn well she is, is sick and tired of all the Trump coverage, which says a lot.

• Members

The problem is you have some liberals who love to hate watch who will tune into MSNBC and CNN(maybe not as much now) to hate watch and then the right with Fox, Newsmax, etc.  But most people aren't watching any of those networks or even much news, maybe local. 

I try my best not to cherry pick what I read but it's getting harder and harder.  Outside of Pro-Publica who is really the only news source nationally I see doing investigative reporting, and maybe local news sources, who's left that is trustworthy.  I'm honestly exhausted that political coverage has turned into entertainment. Yes it has been for a while but embedding a TV personality into our highest office(he's not a businessman) has really more quickly eroded trust in so many things, and it exposed to a greater degree what the media and national press has become. Greedy parasites. That's not Donald Trumps fault it's theirs.

• Members

And now O'Keefe is still grifting elsewhere. 

I don't really know why state polls have such a different result for Biden compared to national polls. State polls often have him struggling in places like New York, Minnesota, Virginia, etc. and losing in most swing states.

• Members

Trump and his handlers have also been doing this with the "black church visit" in Detroit. Didn't matter that it was BS (between his paid extras and the white people bused in), the media still ran with it because they need and want to believe he will have huge support from black voters. This is their narrative going back for decades. 

And now we will get the same in Virginia, with that smirking jackass Youngkin at his side. The Beltway would sell every organ in their body to finally make Youngkin a star. They will push this and do anything they can to will it into being that Trump is on the way to the landslide they yearn for.