• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Former NC senator Kay Hagan has died. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/28/former-north-carolina-senator-kay-hagan-dies-060172

Hagan unseated longtime media favorite Elizabeth Dole in 2008, and was seen as a very strong campaigner. She had the misfortune of being up in a terrible year for Democrats, but she still only narrowly lost to the current waste of space in that seat. 

Sorry to hear of her passing.

• Members

I definitely understand why Rankin couldn't bring himself to shake McConnell's hand.  McConnell has a lot of [!@#$%^&*] to answer for when it's his time to go.

And all because Trump couldn't stand that the narrative was focused so much on the impeachment inquiries.  It's frightening how so much of our direction depends entirely on his fragile-as-hell ego.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I was wondering what happened with it. I read about it on twitter and then I looked for it and couldn't find any info on it. I looked for it on MSNBC because I thought Ari Melber was hosting but nada.  Only Booker, Harris, and Steyer showed up. Why am I not surprised.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

It's admirable that they did this and I appreciate the historical significance of where they held it BUT. Where was everyone. Lord Harris who has been attacked endlessly for some concerns about her record yet I don't see anyone who criticized her(Bernie) at this event. Shameful.

• Members

I read that Julian Castro had visited a prison in D.C. earlier that day, and although I'm sure the inmates there appreciated his visit, some were asking why didn't didn't didn't participate in the town hall and there was some tweets about how the organizers of the town hall felt that Castro had undermined their event.

A few people mentioned that Beto O'Rourke visited a prison in San Quentin last month.

It is indeed shameful that many of the surrogates and supporters who attack Harris over her "record" as a prosecutor, (although just about all of those claims have been debunked, people still choose to use the same talking points), none of those candidates decided to show up and there's no mention of that.