Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Generally that Putin is awesome and Obama is weak and that's why the world thought we were sissy girlies or whatever. Usually not, "We're all murderers, who can judge." 

Sorry - if you mean what they're saying about these comments, I can't begin to guess. Probably making anti-Semetic comments and blaming the Jews for his straying away from the faithful...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

By the way, Neiman Marcus is also said to be in the process of dropping Ivanka Trump's jewelry line. I learned this reading an article that suggested that the Trump "brand" looks to be hurting as a result of the Trump administration and their various "maneuvers".

Well, I guess Trump has extra incentive for trying to roll back Dodd-Frank, so he and his cohort can rob the financial coffers at the taxpayer's expense. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

An interesting article on whether the protest efforts in North Carolina can have any effect elsewhere.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/north-carolina-went-red-in-2016-but-can-it-be-a-model-for-democrats-214736

I heard on the news yesterday about a 4-month old girl from Iran who was supposed to be flown in to New York for a heart operation that can't be done in her home country, and how she and her family were turned back thanks to the ban, how it's now going forward again. And all I could think was of that some people out there hate a dying baby THAT much. It's just awful.

• Members

Yes, I read about that too. The NY doctors have also offered to perform the surgery at no cost.

Speaking of NYers getting the job done, NYC straphangers clean Nazi graffitti from a subway car.

NEW YORKERS COME TOGETHER TO REMOVE SWASTIKAS INSIDE SUBWAY CAR ON UPPER WEST SIDE

• Members

I want to thank you for sharing this. THis is one of the concise, pointed, coherent testaments against Sanders and his ilk. I tend to agree with Marceline. I think Bernie is ultimately going to die off. There are faces that are showing now that we haven't seen before. Kamala Harris, Jason Kander, even my own Senator Tammy Duckworth.

• Members

Interesting how the outreach was stymied by lack of distribution of funds. The staff sound as if it was an intentional strategy not to try to reach AA voters and cede them to HRC, rather than it being a lack of sufficient funds.

@dragonflies I hope people, especially those on FB continue to list very clearly the ways in which the reality of who Trump is and how he operates differs greatly from what he actually campaigned on. People need to be reminded over and over, with great detail until, at least some of them begin to 'get it'. 

@slick jones Melissa McCarthy was so spot-on. Sadly, the lampoon is pretty close to the actual reality.

I don't know if anybody caught this but the part where the CNN correspondent is locked up in a cage, is pretty similar to how 'criminal' defendants are presented in Russian courts.

Whereas in America, a dangerous inmate might have on cuffs but otherwise free or a 'white collar criminal' defendant would be behind a table and totally unrestrained, in Russia whether you are a Khodorkovsky or P*ussy Riot, they put you in a cage to answer the charges and face trial.

SNL seems to have made that sly connection between the Trump administration's adaptation of Russian M.O.

Edited by DramatistDreamer