The Politics Thread

• Members

Media darling Tom Cotton apparently doesn't even know Tehran is the capital of Iran.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/03/15/3633912/tom-cotton-alarmed-capital-iran-controlled-iran/

If only we had a media that knew how to critique. I don't have all that much use for Rachel Maddow smirking every word, and if I don't, I don't know how many other people do either.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What will we do without that putty face mugging around the world?

Moral of the story - don't go around using your position to design an ugly-looking office and then let the people involved flap their gums to the press.

No worries - there are still plenty of Ken dolls who vote for hate even as they live like an extended episode of Looking rolling around those halls.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I am surprised Bibi won reelection. His outright admission he is against two states puts him in direct contradiction with the US policy and even if it is just a fiction all parties pretend to want, admitting it will never happen just makes it all a mess. What then is there left to discuss with the Palestinians and what is the US supposed to say to them? He needed to go. He has been around far too long and the guy is an obstacle for any sort of peace. Not that the Palestinians actually want peace but it seems tough for any Palestinian to have wiggle room for talks of any kind.

• Members

Right. I don't actually believe that any politician who knows anything about the Middle East believes a two state solution is truly possible. I'm a cynic on this front because I don't believe any US leader has believed in that possibility either. Well, maybe Jimmy Carter did. When you are dealing with religious extremists there is no hope.

However, to just come out and tell the truth! My God, what was the man thinking!? I'm not being sarcastic either, the two state solution has always been a lie agreed upon (to plagiarize David Milch) and Bibi broke that agreement. Now things are going to be even more chaotic until he's ousted.