Y&R: TVGuide 2009 SPOILERS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Christine never bothered me either...she's not one of my favorites, but she's ok I guess.

The only way I'd like VR back is if they did something different with Drucilla, because just before she left, Latham had made that character waaaaaayyy too far over the top for me. I wouldn't want the Dru back that left....she was just awful IMO.

I'll miss Don, but honestly Brad has been useless ever since the reliquary crap. I'd much rather they didn't kill him though, if that is indeed their plan.

I look forward to Katherine's return. Question is, what will happen to all these bequeaths once she's back? Will everything revert back to Katherine's estate, including the Jabot stock?

I'm curious about the spring wedding....hopefully it will be a couple folks care about and they won't waste a lavish ceremony on Adam and Heather (even though I know they have their fans as well). I would assume at this point it may be Paul and Nikki, especially since Cricket is returning, but who knows.

• Members

Certainly. This will happen after Bergman and Stafford either die or are fired.

You ain't whistling Dixie! It sounds like we have AT LEAST six month story projections!! Glory be, and hallelujah! That's how you do it!

So Christine honestly hasn't been that missed by me. I've missed her LESS since Y&R got its mojo back. I missed her a lot during the worst Latham days, because it was such a sign of how fully Y&R had lost its identity.

And that, honestly, is the only reason I am happy to have Chris back. Her return is a final signal (even as they fire another actor) that the ship is righted, and back on course. Bell was nepotistic. He hired friends and he kept them forever. He gave jobs to his kids and family. He did this behind the scenes, and he scripted stories that did the same thing. It was truly a family business.

With Lauralee back, it's a family business again...and that is what Y&R is supposed to be. This is not nostalgia. This means that the tent pegs are in place, and Y&R will be better able to weather storms that try to drift it off course again.

So sorry for all these horrible metaphors, I don't know what has gotten into me.

• Members

LOL

There is some truth to it. Christine was cornerstone of Y&R in the 90s, though. Her romance with Paul, friendship with Nina AND TGVN... Christine always mingled between lead and supporting others especially during the Alden years.

She might not be THE most pivotal character in Genoa City but I'll be glad when she's stepping feet into town again... There's a certain feel to both "Cricket" and Lauralee Bell.

• Members

I love that Cricket's back just as Phyllis goes dark again! She will hopefully be the new ADA once Heather gets fired and I'm sure Phyllis's machinations will be a catylyst for these two old enemies to intersect. i see her and Sharon becoming really close friends.

Archived