Y&R: Week of November 10, 2008

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You said it DeeeDee, Jess is the greatest recast ever. Brenda Who?

Tricia Cast adds something to Y&R. Realism? I don't know what it is, but I noticed it when she appeared. She should come back full time.

And let me just say that I love Ashley and Victor, they LOOK like a power couple.

• Members

I haven't seen this episode yet, but reading all these great reviews makes me ecstatic to watch.

I've always enjoyed Nina, but I fell in love with Tricia Cast during the Ryan/Tricia storyline. THAT was mesmerizing, especially the scene where she contemplated suicide. She should have won an Emmy that year! Y&R PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sign her FULL TIME. BUT if you do, please don't destroy the character, like so many others.

Melody Thomas Scott? What can I say? No other actress even compares this year, IMO the trophy is her's, but the academy will most likely give it to someone else.

• Members

I think Nina is one of Bill Bell's greatest creations. Bill had no intention of ever creating the Nina character, until he saw Tricia Cast's brief run on Santa Barbara and heard that she would not be there for long, so he created Nina for her. He took a character that had no ties to anyone and fully established her, and made her one of his most layered creations.

She was such an important part of Y&R for the years she was there.

I love that she asked for Cricket too, since they were best friends and Nina always made Cricket more tolerable to me.

• Members

A lot of that was Tricia too.

She defined the character as much as Bill.

The thing about Tricia is that she has chemistry with EVERYONE.

There is not literally one actor and/or character that she DOESN'T have chemistry with.

Still is!

And that she was so happy to see her BFF's Danny, Paul & Esther.

• Members

Finished watching Friday's show with my mother a few hours ago, and all I can say is...WOW.

In fact, when Victor strolled into the church to give us that classic Friday cliffhanger, I turned to my mother and said simply..."Now THAT'S good soap opera!" :D

• Members

Today's show was just...I can't even put into words how good it was!

Nikki got it from all sides today with Ashley and then Jill being UBER bitches to her today. And while I can't stand Nikki, MTS made me feel her pain today.

Jess Walton is knocking this funeral stuff out the park and I can only expect more supurb acting from her in the aftermath of the will reading.

Loved the the returns of Dina, Nina and even Danny. Nina's line about Cane being "no Phillip" was great.

• Administrator

I doubt Hogan was responsible for the Larry's note or that he's detailed into Y&R's history to have it in his breakdown. It was probably MAB or Sandra Weintraub's (the script writer) doing, or maybe Janice Ferri Esser added that during editing.

• Members

I think that's my biggest worry too. The emotion is almost *too* great for this story. How will they ever be able to top themselves when (God forbid) Jeanne Cooper passes?

I suppose I'll just enjoy the fact that Jeanne Cooper is getting amazing material in a age-discriminating Hollywood.

• Members

^^^I agree. I mean who would have thought an 80-year-old woman would be getting a storyline, let alone frontburner. If this was ABC, Cooper would have been gone a looooooooooong time ago. But Frons did call CBS the "nursing home" network. :rolleyes: Jackass!

Archived