Y&R: Week of November 10, 2008

• Members

loved how Dina put Skanky Sharon in her place....almost as good as that comment Ashley made a couple of months ago about Sharon's decorating taste!!!!

still don't think MAB is doing that great of a job.....after this weeks #'s come out...personally the whole Paris thing was a bust....

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WORD.

She's the whole reason I started watching Y&R. She has a certain screen presense that only few people have.

I heard that Bill Bell saw her brief stint on Santa Barbara and knew she was being written out of that show soon, and he creted the role of Nina especially for her. Bless him...

And I do agree with someone else above, I do think Bill Bell would've been very proud of today's epsiode and the overall state of the show right now, for the most part.

• Members

The reason I found today to be so perfect was because a good soap is supposed to keep you hooked with stories even if your favorite story isn't pleasing you at the moment. I hated the Sharon and Nick scenes. Phyllis in pain wrecks me. But everything was do damn wonderful, I didn't much care as much. To me, that is what a good soap needs to do to keep viewers. No one couple makes or breaks a show but you have to make me care about more stories on the show in order to make me forget the characters I can barely stomach. Today, my soap did just that. Bravo!

• Members

I couldn't agree more. Even though the show has been steadily improving since July, this past week has just been classic Y&R from the first scene on Monday to the last scene today. I hope we can continue to get weeks this great. :)

• Members

IMHO, between the David Chow/Sabrina story and now Katherine's "death", MTS deserves an Emmy. She has been so good and has made me feel everything that "Nikki" is going through these last few months.

I was never a fan of Jess Walton, but I've been converted over the last 3 days.

I don't know if what we're seeing is due to Paul Rauch, Maria Bell or Hogan Sheffer - or (what I'm starting to believe) a group effort between the three. It appears that everyone has come to an agreement that the classic Y&R should be revived. If so, they're kickin some ass in doing so.

And Janice Ferri Esser did an awesome job with the scripts this past week....

• Members

MTS absolutely deserves an Emmy. This year has been her best ever.

Regarding your conversion to Jess Walton fandom: Welcome, it's taken much too long!

I think it's a big group effort. MAB and HS (and SH) didn't do this alone, a bit of PR and WHAM! It's fabulous.

And Janice Ferri Esser is a Y&R God as far as I'm concerned. She has my undying gratitude for keeping the details together!

• Members

IA, Daytimefan. JFE has done an outstanding job in creating new scripts that reference the history of the show. How great is she? While I still love Paula Cwikly, I think JFE has just replaced her as my fave script writer. :D

I don't know why I haven't seen the brillance of Jess Walton until this week, but I have now seen the light!!!

Archived