Y&R: Week of November 10, 2008

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's about time Phyllis started acting like herself again, she needs to fry Nick when he gets back.

I want Phyllis away from Nick, and a bitter custody battle over Summer to happen. :)

It would be like old times for Phyllis...

Also, again, I just love the way they use music on the show lately. The classical music gives off a really rich and gothic tone. Y&R is wonferfully produced lately. I thought Latham tried to make it look like an ABC soap, when Y&R is and always will be more of a glam soap.

• Members

Yeah i seen it, and yeah i thought it sucked.

Ya know i sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out what actors on Y&R were MAB, HS, SH and PR. LOL...

And i agree all around with you on everything.

IMHO, MTS has stole the show.

Bu JW has been fab, and its about time the show gave her soemthing real to play.

i couldnt agree more.

• Members

Sony has some more pics from Jeanne Cooper's 80th Birthday party at Y&R.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/theyo...llery_4111.html

Here's a few:

Jeanne with Kate Linder, Kay Alden, and Michael Damian. I'm surprised to see Alden there, as she wrote Y&R from Chicago and does the same with B&B from there:

yr_jeanne_cooper_celebrates_80th_4.jpg

Jerry Douglas and Tricia Cast:

yr_jeanne_cooper_celebrates_80th_5.jpg

Beth Maitland and Michael Damian:

yr_jeanne_cooper_celebrates_80th_11.jpg

Jeanne and Maria Arena Bell:

yr_jeanne_cooper_celebrates_80th_13.jpg

LMAO at Paul Rauch and his leather jackets:

yr_jeanne_cooper_celebrates_80th_20.jpg

More pics are at the first link I post in the beginning of this post.

• Members

So I was watching Criminal Minds last night and they had a scene of Shamar's character watching soaps--and it was Y&R!

So my one issue with all of Paris is the blue screen stuff--the background was at a wrong angle by like 6 inches--it was too far down and made it all off for me.

Just getting caught up--it's too bad they recast Eden, I think Erin has really hit a stride this week.

I love Liz Hendrickson and she soo was amazing in the scenes and a different side of Chloe. Love her trying to comfort Esther.

Really enjoying Ambyr and Daniel together this time around--the scenes today were great.

So when Heather gets the heartbreak at whatever point, I'd love to see her totally get a dark side and go postal!

• Members

I'm glad to see a show having the characters doing like regular people when they lose someone they love, lying in bed and bawling. No running around and shrieking and begging God for answers, just plain old grief.

Tomorrow's show is noticeably missing, the Baldwin/Fishers and Lauren. Especially since they show them hearing the news. I am also disturbed by Ashley and Victor sitting in the front row, while others much closer and related, are relegated to the back rows. It's like VIP seating based on who has the deepest pockets and wants the spotlight.

I also don't know why Ashley couldn't just say to Nikki, Victor's alive and alright, leave it at that, instead of telling her to mind her own business. Jill also goes out of her way to kick Nikki while she's down, which further fuels my belief that this is heading towards Nikki hitting the bottle.

One thing I really like is Phyllis and Amber's exchange. It was nice to see Phyllis trying, even if it is just so that Amber can't kick her when she's down.

Jeanie Cooper was also hilarious as Marge. John might very well be a ghost visiting Jack, since Marge doesn't seem to know all either. Too bad Jack didn't do a double take and see her running around, while everyone else was ignoring her.

• Members

I don't want the Phyllis that was psycho over Danny back but I do want the Phyllis from when Michelle came back to the show. The scheming manipulator but not the psychotic attempted murderer (maybe even murderer) that was damn near Sheila 2.0. I accept that Phyllis had to grow and change to still be viable and not a cartoon but a heroine she's not and should have never been written as so. She should always toe that fine line between right and wrong and struggle to do the right thing, never the moral compass for ANYTHING!

• Members

^That pic doesn't show her dress off, her breasts were noticeably on the verge of popping out.

Phyllis is an anti-heroine, plain and simple. She might have good intentions going into stuff, but she always makes the worst possible decisions. She's also a snarky bitch, and should always be that way.

Jess Walton and Melody Thomas Scott were great today, and the dialogue they had in regards to Katherine was so rich in history and warmth.

Oh, and Katherine (well Marge's) coffin is [!@#$%^&*] BEAUTIFUL! LOL! Only on Y&R would you have a grand looking coffin like that.

Jill was such a bitch to Nikki and Amber, I loved it. LOL!

And, Phyllis is so messed up, and as soon as Nick walked in, she's using her body for him to show her that he loves her. There's no dept to Phyllis and Nick, it's just sex, which makes them a horrible and mind blowingly dull couple.

Archived