Y&R: Week of November 10, 2008

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure how good it is for the show, honestly. But fans were never this passionate over Nick and Sharon until Phyllis stole his fine butt out from under her.

I don't think most of them would want them back together if it were not for the Phyllis factor. I also dread the day that Lily and Cane get back together. IMO, they hold many of the same coma-inducing qualities as Sharon and Nick. I am hoping against all hope that Cane ends up falling for his crazy wife.

• Members

My memory is so fuzzy when it comes to Amber's son. Was it really hers or was it Becky's? Or is it Deacon's with amber?

MarkH - we so agree on everything!!!

And I have a question about Chloe. I am beginning to not understand why she trapped Cane when she's in love with Billy. Her motivation seemed to be throughout that she wanted Cane and to be powerful unlike her mother, the maid. If she was in love with Billy she easily could done the same thing with him and gotten what she wanted. Just doesn't seem to make sense.

• Members

It won't happen. And I'm not just saying that because I happen to be one of the few Lane fans on this board. Lane is clearly the couple TPTB are invested in. It's like when Daniel and Amber broke up - Colleen was the hurdle; with Lane, Chloe is the hurdle.

On the plus side for Chloe fans, I'm pretty sure they're going to make Billy and Chloe the next Jack and Phyllis.

It was Deacon and Becky's son. Rick and Amber raised him after Becky died, until Macy helped Deacon regain custody.

• Members

I think she went for the nearest Chancellor, and it had to be Chancellor. She blames Katherine for her not developing a relationship with Esther and for using Esther as her "servant," while she was tossed away in some European boarding school and saw very little of Esther throughout the years.

I think she has feelings for Billy, but she knew he wouldn't stay committed to her. She knew he was moving around from place to place, sleeping with all sorts of women. She knew Cane had a loyal tendency and would stay true to her if she was carrying his baby, so she saw her opportunity and went for it. At the same time, she still has feelings for Billy, but she's smart enough to know he won't be committed to her .....for now.

Chole is an opportunist.

• Members

I have something to say to YOU Soaps In Depth! I understand the need for you to advertise, but DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN YOUR ADS!!!

Not only did it talk about Katherine's story, but also

Oh and to you Y&R...

Credit your cast on Fridays from now on, so you don't

Otherwise, a very good show.

The funny thing is that I actually liked Eden today. Oh well.

• Members

First things first, I got such a kick out of the facial expression's on today's Canadian show. Not spoiling when I say there is a moment where Sharon gives a snotty look that has to be seen to be believed. Billy, OMG over the top, sorry I laughed at what might have been sad. And it isn't a look but I can't get over Pumpkinhead John. Did he get stuck in the Celestial Tropics or the Scorching Hell Fires?

Amber was married to Rick/Eric Jr and pretending to have his baby, but she wasn't entirely sure if she'd be popping out his, or Raymond's (played by musician Usher). Just in case she popped out a non-white baby, she ran home to visit mommy, Tawny/Andrea Evans, in the trailer park to deliver. We'll never know who's baby it was because Amber had a still born. Coincidentally the same day as Amber was having her baby, her cousin Becky was in the next trailer popping out one of her own. Becky panned to give it away for adoption and gave the baby to the midwife. Tawny convinced the midwife who also delivered Amber's, to give her the baby and talked Amber into taking the baby home to Rick and presenting it as their kid. I don't know how long this went on for but Becky came to town. Amber was hesitant about her cousin being near the baby, but Rick convinced her to let Becky stay and help. Becky, was changing a diaper for Little E when she noticed that he had the same birthmark as her baby had. She put two and two together and ran off with the baby. When the baby almost chocked on a bottle cap, Becky realized she was unfit and gave the baby back to Amber and Rick. Amber had her shipped out to Paris to work for Forrester international and it was while there that Becky decided she wanted her son back. Rick was devastated when he found out what a lying little skank he was married to and even more so when he found out little E was really lying dead in an unmarked grave. Anyways, Becky was conveniently diagnosed with stomach cancer and died within a month or two. As her dying gift, she gave the baby back to Amber. It wasn't long before slimeball Deacon came to town smelling the money his baby was covered in and wanted his share. He didn't so much want the baby until he got together with Macy, who decided she'd be just as good a mother to the pass around baby as Amber and convinced Deacon to establish his rights and get custody. After all this, the baby is really off living in a trailer park with Becky's parents where Deacon dumped the poor little guy.

Chloe is protecting her heart, and I think also wanted to see spoiled brat Lily alone and miserable. She knows that Billy is led around solely by his penis and would not commit. She sees Cane as the far more stable choice and the one who will step up and "do the right thing", (somehow going through a divorce because your parents never loved each other is considered better for a child than to be born a bastard, lol). Anyways, I think Chloe is going to be going after Billy soon enough. I think she's warming her iron until Lily & Billy are in love, before laying it on him that the baby is really his, so Lily once again has to sacrifice her love for the sake of Chloe's baby. Then Lily the Martyr can get back together with Cane and hopefully live happily ever after, somewhere other than Genoa City.

• Members

I stand corrected about the Emmy.

But, I still think that Phyllis was better written under LML than MEB.

Here are Phyllis' storylines under LML:

Phyllis has secret affair with Nick behind friend Sharon's back

Phyllis fights with Drucilla, including the scene leading to Dru's death

Sheila has plastic surgery as a Phyllis-lookalike and confronts Phyllis

Phyllis deals with husband Nick's amnesia, who forgot his marriage to Phyllis

Phyllis blackmails Brad for his affair with Sharon

Here are Phyllis' storylines under MEB:

Phyllis starts Restless Style with Nick, Jack and Sharon

Phyllis meddles into son Daniel's relationship with Amber

LML gave Michelle Stafford more to work with than MEB.

• Members

That was still Jack F. Smith.

Phyllis vs. Dru also started with Jack F. Smith, Latham didn't play that dynamic up until Victoria Rowell was ready to leave.

Classic retcon and horrible execution. Stories like that are what makes the soap genre so hated and reviled by critics.

Horrible, generic storytelling, IMO.

• Members

LML was in love with the character of Phyllis which hurt her character because for awhile there the show became the Phyllis show. I don't care how good an actress or character, fans don't want to see the same characters dominate all the storylines and on everyday. It is an ensemble for a reason. She still gets plenty of story while some equally talented get little story or are finally getting some meaty material and a decent story now.

Archived