Y&R: Week of November 10, 2008

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This Nick and Sharon kiss in Paris is probably the best thing that could've happened to the character. It looks like it will trigger the Phyllis of yesteryear, and I can't wait.

Phyllis also needs to get the hell away from Nick, I don't how about the wonderful sex they have, there's very little of anything else in that marriage.

• Members

You guys are driving me crazy with the Abbott Mansion set updating! Everytime it is on now I am trying to see this "difference" and how it looks richer. I CAN'T SEE IT! And I pride myself on seeing subtle changes in production values. I always thought the Abbott mansion set was beautiful.

I want Paul to bring back George and Cassandra Rawlin's set! THE BEST SET EVER ON DAYTIME.

• Members

Yes It was absolutely Brad's house! Last time I brought it up I called it Brad's house, but most people remembered it as Cassandra Rawlin's house! lol.

I was 15 or so when it was first on and even then I was like "THAT is MY DREAM HOUSE." It was kind of masculinely decorated with this beautiful staircase that went through the entire set at a very low level at maybe a 40 degree angle. It was huge and amazing. I have never seen a set as impressive on daytime since.

• Members

It's a very structurally interesting set...not huge...but very detailed and unique. That's what I like about Y&R's house sets, they're all very different compared to the rest of daytime (AW had some good sets, as did AMC and GH in the 80s and 90s, but now it's all cookie cutter)...Kay's house, the Abbott mansion, the Newman ranch, Christine's apartment, Malcolm's apartment, each of those sets is unique.

That's the only thing I wish current Y&R had: Shemar Moore. That guy would be having a blast with all this stuff and with the way things are looking for Phyllis...oh it would be fun!

• Members

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I had no idea that the set even existed anymore, or where the heck Brad was living!!

I had not started watching Y&R again until June or so after a 2 year hiatus.

Oh man I can't wait to see it again. It figures that Brad is completely backburnered..

And I agree, Daytimefan, Y&R's sets were not only amazing, but extremely personal, intricate, and lived in. The set decorators were- and are- excellent. They seemed to decorate for the character and not just for the sake of decorating. Y&R has had excellent taste.

• Members

No huges differences, just they way they direct the Abbot mansion set and the way its filtered seems different.

Look at this clip from 2007, where everything looks so bland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTE639X-ty8

Look at this clip from a few days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vh_PoAdyl4

The set just "pops" more these days, at least IMO. The same goes for the Chancellor mansion set and that set was recently redesigned a bit, I think.

Archived