B&B: Death rips a family

• Members

Anyone heard or care ;) about a little November teaser for B&B involving a death?

Hunter Tylo pitched a story off killing one of her soap children - again (She first did in 2001 and wanted to have a young Steffy accidentally shoot Phoebe). This time however Brad Bell follows her pitch... At the same time Mackenzy Mauzy was has been bumped to recurring and not seen of since, returns as TAylor's daughter.

What could this possibly mean??? B)

This COULD become a very good story, especially since we actually saw Taylor & Ridge raising their kids and there is some history to exploit. However this year hs been overkill of little thought-through and very much rushed-through stories, so who knows.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't know how I feel about this. If it weren't such a medically/death heavy year, I might be more excited for it. I was still hoping for a double-duty role and a switch kind of thing. Seems like there are a lot of possibilities (although I'm sure many have been done on other soaps) with twins.

I REALLY don't know how I feel about HT wanting to do such a story.

• Members

This is a very reasonable story, several years to late, though.

TWINS on a 30 minute show is a worst case idea. I cannot work, it pollutes the cast. Look at how ludicrous Brad is currently handling the Tridge children? Steffy returns and Phoebe leaves - WTF!?

Kill off one of the girls, this would actually be a reasonable sweep stunt event.

• Members

Ugh, please no. I don't trust Bradley to play the aftermath of something like this very well. I bet a month after this "death" they'll pretend it never happened.

I find it extremely bizzare and kind of crass for Tylo to pitch a story like this given her own real-life tragedy.

We already know KKL pitched the rape story, and we saw how well that turned out. <_<

Actors need not pitch any stories at B&B...

• Members

I am getting this all from Nelson's recent column...

If this is true it disturbs me greatly. I find B&B unwatchable anyway, it tends to always be on because I leave the tv on after Y&R.

That being said, I found Hunter's comments in interviews and to the press VERY, VERY odd and disturbing after her son's unfortunate death...

I will leave it at that. And I have to believe that grief comes out in many different ways and that you cannot judge someone for how they grieve.

But if this is true, and she pitched this story only one year after her son's death... I am speechless...

The comment that the "insider" said- (Nelson left it up in the air as to the sex of the person, as if we are not going to know who the article is about, after the storyline airs)- regarding "He/She wants to win an emmy"... disturbs me even more.

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. And they say Todd and Marty on OLTL is disturbing and exploitive...

• Members

Oh. My. God.

I have wanted this exact storyline to happen for a long time - Phoebe killed off as the catalyst for a Tridge reunion! Don't get me wrong, I like MacKenzie Mauzy, but she'll get work elsewhere. If executed well, this could be a great storyline.

Not necessarily. When Taylor "died" she was mentioned frequently up until she returned. Darla and Macy would probably get mentions if Thorne ever got any air time. <_<

But I do agree about Bell - I wouldn't trust him to write his own name, let alone a storyline like this. Which is why he should let Kay handle it. She wrote Cassie's death on Y&R and that was done very well.

I think it's understandable that she wants people to be aware of what parents go through in that situation. Plus, she's long overdue for an Emmy.

Yes, they should leave everything in Bradley's capable hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

Y&R Fan- Oh my god.

I disagree so very much.

BUT!

I have to say Hunter Tylo is very much underrated as an actress.

She is quite capable and holds her own with B&B's best.... (Well Flannery and Katherine Kelly)

What has done her a GREAT disservice is her addiction to facial and breastal augmentation. I know breastal isn't a word but I like it.

She looks very, very, very plastic. The lips are the biggest issue. Her flawless 45+ year old face hasn't a line..

She looks fake and is one of the few actresses in daytime whose plastic surgery hides the fact that that she is actually a good actress!

Its a shame.

My prediction is she will not get an emmy OR be nominated.

• Members

Hunter Tylo will not get an Emmy out of this because in order to show emotions on screen, I think you have to feel them in real life. We'll just see more crying with the hands covering the dry eyes and some screaming and wailing, "poor me, what did I do to deserve this?," type of "acting" we've always seen from this woman. I think this woman is a sociopath who will do anything for the sake of fame and the glory of a stupid award. I feel so sorry for her family to have to re-live their personal tragedy.

• Members

Photograph of Phoebe and Rick bleeding:

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...11448144cc4.jpg

Rumor is that Rick is driving a car, loses control, and Phoebe dies.

Also, I read on another board that it was BELL's idea to kill Phoebe in order to bring Ridge and Taylor together and cause a bigger hatred between Ridge and Rick. Bell consulted Tylo, and she said that the death storyline was okay for her to play.

Archived