AMC: Taped 10,000 episode on 10/16/08

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love the photos.

A few questions/comments on the episode # signs (pic #4):

-Who is that poor girl with the pathetic '6' sign? hahah - is she a newbie? She looks like a young, blonde Cady McClain.

-Why does Lee Meriweather (sp?) have over a thousand? I'm guessing maybe its the # of episodes for character and not actor?

-Who does little miss Colby think she is reaching around so hard to get her sign to show up in the pic? haha - that's funny.

-I see Colin E. is there in the background. Poor guy must feel awkward.

-That boy playing Petey is looking hella fine without his glasses.

-Poor Amanda Baker - that girl must be feeling like [!@#$%^&*] missing out by only a few days on this special day. Oh well!

Congrats AMC - hope we have another 10,000!

• Members

Thank you so much for sharing this link, it made my day. Everyone looks amazing and in good spirits, I especially loved that the kids were in the family pic. I cannot wait to see the official cast photo, it looks like it will be a keeper.

In re Lee Meriweather, they probably counted the number of episodes that aired in her tenure from 1996-98 and 2003-present. I doubt that the show has the capabilities to count individual episodes. If they did, Ray and Susan would not have 10,000 episodes either.

Maybe Colin is back guest starring? We could only hope. The Cake is a little dinky. For the 8000 ep they had a much bigger treat.

• Members

19571825-550px.jpg

Looks like from the contract players, Beth Ehlers and James Mitchell are MIA. He must not be doing well. I hope our Palmer can hold on, I miss him so much.

In terms of the recurring players, I wish Jennifer Bassey and Tonya Pinkins were there. Tonya never seems to be in the cast photos, even when she was on contract! But Jennifer has been around, and airing in the last year. I wish she could have been on set.

I hope they took the opportunity to remember Eileen today. I know they would not forget her. I remember how happy she looked at the 8000 episode and 35th Anniversary cast photo. It sad to think of all we have lost since then: Ruth Warrick, Eileen Herlie, James Mitchell is in failing health and Julia Barr left the program on such bad terms. In the 35th Anniversary photo, Ray, Ruth, Susan, Julia, James, and Eileen were all featured in the front row as the longest running members of the cast.

It is good though to see Eden, Vincent, Rebecca, Debbi, and Darnell back. They do bring so much to the table. The latest additions of Daniel, Ricky Paull, Elizabeth, and Cornelius have failed to disappoint. All in all a wonderful cast. Not a week link.

Laura Koffman has "1" episode, hahaha.

• Members

So they are doing something for the 10,000th? Good.

I think I do see Pratt in the very back of the picture with all the crew in it. I also think that the group of people in the front right are some of the writers. The girl in the green jacket looks like Kate Hall.

Does anyone know who the blonde lady standing behind Julie Carruthers in some of the pics is? Is that Ginger Smith?

Maybe we can try to identify some of the crew in the Writers & Directors thread.

Very surprised to see Colin there.

• Members

I do think I see Pratt in one of the pictures (the one with the whole cast and crew- behind Vincent Irizzarry and Colin E. But it could be some other guy).

But either way I don't really think Pratt belongs in the important pictures with Julie, Agnes, Susan and Ray McDonnell because he has no history with the show.

I also have to say, and I think Adam mentioned this in another thread, Julie is quite a beautiful woman. She really stands out in the picture with the whole cast and crew IMO.

• Members

Julie only has to walk three floors up to get the stage, while Pratt would have to fly 3,000 miles?

He might have been there. But typically writers aren't spotlighted during events like these. Megan McTavish was never photographed during the 35th anniversary festivities, and we know how much of an egomaniac she is.

Archived