GH:NS - Sri Rao talks to Nelson Branco

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree as well. While I love NS, I can see where he's coming from and glad that he's honest about it. I also think it goes to show what they could do with a real writer who gets GH/storytelling all of it could do. Because Sri was able to take and introduce new characters, wove them into the history of other characters where it made sense, as well as use vets and tell good stories. With NS it just reminded me how much potential there is at GH. Who knows if they will use it.

Overall, totally cute interview. Love him even more, so want him back for NS 3. Hope SN/Frons sees that and goes forward with NS3 as soon as they could.

• Members

I've enjoyed the last several episodes of Night Shift. I missed the first half of the season. I give Sri credit for writing great episodes of NS, but I wouldn't be so quick to root for him to join GH. 13 episodes of NS (or however many he did) is cake compared to 250 a year for GH. I do admire his nods to GH history, though and give him props for that. But, his evasiveness hints to me that ABC and GH are definitely in his future, or they are at least talking.

I just think its 2 different worlds to write a handful of one hour episodes with a bigger budget versus 250 hours per year with a very limited budget. Maybe he'll train under Guza at GH.

• Administrator

I think Sri knows he won't get the same autonomy in daytime like he with with NS. It's too bad he has zero interests in GH because he can totally turn that show around. Put him with an experience Co-HW and GH will be about family and friends and real relationships again.

I'm not surprised he was a fan of Degrassi, My So Called Life, and that his TV idols are Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick.

I'll be following Sri's career from now on and hope he makes it big with his production company. I hope he makes it big in primetime or film.

What have you seen him produce? :huh:

He really is a good writer - NS proves that. His scenes are pure and so heartfelt.

• Members

His teen series that N ordered and never aired is *all* (I think) on youtube. I haven't sat down to watch yet but I thought some would be curious... I assume the release/leak is somewhat official but I have no idea what's going on (from looking at it briefly it at the least looks better than much of what N airs...)

http://www.youtube.com/user/goesonwhat

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Archived