Dark Shadows

• Members

"Oh, I forgot to add John Karlen, who spent most of the 80s as Tyne Daly's husband on Cagney & Lacey and won an Emmy. Then there was Louis Edmonds, who spent many years as Langley on AMC."

Also, Grayson Hall was on All My Children as a Tempo Magazine writer named Marge Gray (probably in 1971 or 1972) and on One Life to Live as Euphemia Ralston in 1982.

Anthony George was on Search for Tomorrow and One Life to Live in prominent roles (Dr. Tony Vincente and Dr. Will Vernon #3).

Nancy Barrett was on One Life to Live as Rachel Wilson, The Doctors as Kathy Ryker, Ryan's Hope as Dr. Faith Coleridge #2, on Somerset (cannot remember the character's name), and, again, on One Life to Live as Assistant District Attorney Debra van Druden.

There was an often mentioned scene from One Life to Live in which the characters played by Mr. George, Ms. Barrett, and Ms. Hall were in the same scene (possibly on an elevator?) and mentioned that they seemed to know each other from somewhere.

Clarice Blackburn was on As the World Turns and several other shows. She became a writer for As the World Turns and All My Children.

Dianna Millay was on The Secret Storm, creating the role of Kitty Styles (the role later played by Dianne Ladd).

Jerry Lacy was on The Secret Storm (role unknown to me), As the World Turns, and Love of Life. I think that he, too, may have become a writer.

Joel Crothers played popular character on The Secret Storm, Somerset, and The Edge of Night. (He was even on the serial Santa Barbara.)

Dana Elcar co-starred on McGiver.

Donna Wandrey was Barbara Ryan #2 on As the World Turns.

Roger Davis was the announcer on Alias Smith and Jones. After Pete Duel's death, he assumed the role on the show.

Gene Lindsey was on The Doctors.

Christopher Bernau was on The Guiding Light.

Marie Wallace played India Delaney on Somerset.

Bernard Hughes played a recurring role of a priest on All in the Family. He later had his own show Doc. He was also on The Cavanaughs, Mr. Merlin, and Blossom.

Mitchell Ryan was in a primetime series called Chase. He was also on the primetime serial Executive Suite and on the series (with Susan Sullivan) Having Babies. He also had a series called Renegade. And, he was later on All My Children with Louis Edmonds.

Michael Stroka was on The Edge of Night as Dr. Quentin Henderson.

Susan Sullivan, other than being in Having Babies (mentioned above), was on Another World and several primetime shows.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No, Doris Belack subbed for Florence Stanley for one episode, where Fish is seen at home and Dietrich comes over and does a Gregory Peck impersonation to supposedly ward off the daughter's boyfriend at the door: "Go away, Beverly is busy!" Florence had already appeared in a couple of previous episodes.

Edited by applcin

• Members

I LOVED that episode. My guess is that Florence Stanley had a scheduling conflict and was not available for that episode, hence Doris Belack filling in ("Fish", S2). When Bernice appeared again on Barney Miller before heading off to the spinoff, she was once again played by Florence Stanley.

That was also the debut episode of Arthur Dietrich (Steve Landesberg had appeared in the season two premiere as a fake priest), and he indeed did the Gregory Peck impression. "Howard, go away! Beverly is busy! We've made other plans, and they don't include you!!" He would also show up in an episode of Fish, making him and Abe Vigoda the only two to act with both Bernices. (I know this because I own the complete series box set of Barney Miller, and the first season of Fish is included as a bonus.)

My opinion? I thought Doris Belack's take on Bernice was much better!! I loved the way she just dished it right back to Abe/Fish.

Here's one bit of trivia: on one of the Fish episodes, a young blond girl was hanging around with the Fishes' foster kids. I knew she looked so familiar, but for the life of me I could not place her. Then I saw her name in the closing credits - none other than Melody Thomas (pre-Y&R, pre-Scott)!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Maybe the producers were considering Doris Belack as Bernice in the new series. Or, maybe they later considered her.

I know that Al Freeman, Jr. (also from One Life to Live as Ed Hall) was placed on the primetime HOT L BALTIMORE by ABC.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Oh, I remember Michael Maitland on DS very well. He was a trip on the show - this bitchy little evil kid who seemed to take off, and it was almost like they didn't want to get rid of him based on some of the twists and turns, like when I think he was the final form of the Leviathan child before Jeb Hawkes who decided he did not want to "die" and grow into the adult. I was sorry to see him go.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'm sorry to hear about Michael Maitland. I remember him well on Dark Shadows. His character was a little terror. I'm just a few years younger and I remember that he was a bit of a teen heart throb and was featured in the teen magazines that were popular at the time.