ATWT: Week of 9/29/08

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Talk about a mish mash of action...Dusty spends half the eppy flipping a stupid piece of cardboard, trying to signal an SOS in daylight. :rolleyes: Paul is jealously insane (or just insane) because of anything James says re: Dusty and Meg? And the idiotic wrap up of Brad's case, and the quick patch job on the Bratie marriage? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least Carjack kept me interested. ;)

• Members

I couldn't understand why A) Paul is listening to James rattle on about Meg and Dusty and actually believing it and

B) Why Dusty was trying SOS in the daylight as well...lol

Thank god for the Carjack stuff, that's all I watch for right now anyways. Looking forward to the rest of it this week as well.

• Members

Yup, Paul is just plain stupid. This episode just increased my hate towards Paul. The guy is a loser and Meg can't see it.

I thought the show was fine. I enjoyed the Carjack stuff. Too bad the cliffhanger was ruined by the previews. :rolleyes:

Brad and Katie are just ugh......I wish Mike would have boinked Katie. That way Katie and Brad would have broken up and Mike could have left Katie in the lurch. The whole wrap-up of the Brad story was predictable. Why Katie & Dumb Brad were celebrating was beyond me. Hello people....Jack is out of a job because of Brad. :rolleyes:

• Members

Sigh....the weak-ass plotting on this show is cringeworthy. We just got done building sympathy for nuLily by making Carly an idiot, and now James is instigating some lame plot to cause even more problems for Meg. Seriously, if all it takes to make Paul insane with jealousy over his wife is a couple of computer pics and the word of a sociopathic world class master villian (who Paul should know never speaks the truth), then TIIC are as looney as they want us to believe Paul is.

But hey....at least James opened the door for Carjack. :wub: His time in Oakdale wasn't a total waste. :lol:

• Members

The thing is, I can buy Paul's suspicion about Meg. Let's face it, she consistently chooses other men over him, has for years.

SHE was the one who first told Dusty Paul was alive - Dusty just didn't believe her.

When Dusty was in jail for attempting to murder Craig, she condemned and dumped Paul for the same thing yet went to Emily for help in getting Dusty out of jail.

And speaking of Craig, she continuously chose Craig over Paul.

So, the lack of faith makes total sense to me, and I WISH they'd go with that thread (and eventually have Paul realize he's RIGHT to have so little faith in her and end them for GOOD) instead of it just being a James' machination. It can be a James machination but I don't blame Paul for wondering considering. I've always felt Dusty had to do nothing but crook his finger at her and she would go running anyway.

But I fully admit my dislike of Meg may color my perceptions lol....

• Members

I don't dispute that. There was a time when Meggie was screwing Craig up-down-sideways on the Lakeview floor that I would have understood Paul being manipulated into thinking she was using and/or playing him. But....JHC, they've been glued by the hips since Sophie's death, and Meg's been on bed rest practically since the day of conception. Any person with a lick of sense would know there was no way in heck Meggie would have had the time or energy to have an affair (of any kind) with Dusty. It's ludicrous (imo) that Paul would believe it under these circumstances, after he confessed most of his latest set of lies and got a pass on it.

It pains me that Paul is whipped (and really has been by most of the women in his life, save Em and Rosanna). But making him this stupid is a bigger disservice.

And practically speaking, has Paul convienently forgot that Dusty hasn't been able to stand the sight of Meg since she confessed to her part of the baby switch?

LOL...I've had Katie issues for years. I completely understand. :D

I was kind of disappointed in the scenes in the lighthouse, just from a production standpoint. It seemed like the actors were standing on top of each other. I was grossed out by the prospect of Dusty shooting James from a grand distance of 3 inches. Someone (probably Pissy) fell in love with the idea of using a lighthouse. Someone (like a director) should have overruled them when it was obvious it looked awful.

• Members

AMS!!!!!!!

Dude, where the hell have you been????

I love reading your commentary on ATWT.

--------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, does James have any room to call anyone a whore? Need we list all the babes he's scored over the years? :P

• Members

ITA!!! You took the words right out of my mouth Kelly. THank you!

ANd P.J. you are so right since when did Dusty forgive Meg's part in hidding the truth about Johnny???

THe last time Dusty saw Meg wasn't she with Craig, married to him, so why would you openly discuss why you faked your death to this woman??? As the show forgotten that they aren't buddies. And why did Babs go with Paul back to Oakdale but his own wife didn't no she had to stay behind to check up on Dusty her new best friend.

Paul was right when he told her flat out that she never stays beside him and always has one foot out the door. She does and always will. Leave Paul, take your kid when its born and leave her high and dry because she needs to be left behind instead of always leaving you in the dust.

Archived