Any Capitol Fans Here?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was a wonderful read, I love Marj. She has that effortless, playful wit that lends itself so well to the type of ladies she usually plays. Would love to see that episode of Love Connection!

Edited by SFK

• Members

Marj has given me two memorable "Aha!" moments. I thought I first knew her from GL, where I was immediately drawn to her. Then I realized she had been Blair's mom from Facts of Life and Carolyn Jones' replacement on Capitol. She's also in an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Edited by SFK

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I sure would love to see some of those episodes. I'd never seen that shot of Marla in the turban as Myrna. The full version of the Italian theme had me groovin'.

Here's part one of the primetime movie in Italian, and a later clip of Myrna and Clarissa talking Julie and Tyler. I love the way Carolyn glide-struts across the room. Claudio had that scene on his site back in the day, I wish he would bring more of his collection to YouTube!

• Members

Sometimes I think there's more Italian Capitol on Youtube than English Capitol.

Did they abandon the turban once Marj started? I think Carolyn had this certain ability to pull it off (even in that "who farted" face in that cast clip). Marla looks good but the turban is sort of wearing her.

• Members

Thank you for sharing these! Bill Beyers seems like he was a kind soul. I would love to see more of Lola Falana on the show, I think I've only seen her in a bit of one episode. The last time I saw her was on Geraldo when she surprised Richard pryor with a bouquet of encouragement as a fellow MS patient.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I think Myrna's turbans were somewhat born out of necessity as Carolyn's hair was very thin from cancer treatments. She was also a natural blonde, btw. She never wore her real hair on the show, always a wig in varying shades of red/auburn. The turbans were a break from the wigs and you notice how high her forehead is when she's wearing them.

LOL at "Who farted?" face!