Kiss between Jake & Taylor on 'All My Children' put on hold

• Members

Kiss between Jake & Taylor on 'All My Children' put on hold

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Friday, September 26th 2008, 4:00 AM

asm_goldin.jpg

Ricky Paull Goldin isn't in a rush to recreate his 'Guiding Light' relationship with Beth Ehlers on 'All My Children.'

"All My Children" star Ricky Paull Goldin (Jake) reveals that a key scene between Jake and Taylor set to air next week was rewritten at the last minute.

"We were scripted to kiss, but we all decided that it felt a bit rushed," says Goldin. "So we didn't actually touch lips."

Fans know that "AMC" scooped up Goldin and Beth Ehlers (Taylor) from their former soap ("Guiding Light") after negotiations went south. The two, who played popular supercouple Gus and Harley, have been slowly integrated into "AMC," where they will soon become a couple as well.

"We reblocked the scene," says Goldin. "I take her hand and end up slow-dancing with her. You can't force this stuff down people's throats."

The tender scene between the jaded doctor (him) and the even more jaded Iraq war veteran (her) comes after an awkward encounter involving Jake's current girlfriend, Amanda, who is also Taylor's roommate.

"Taylor lost her man in Iraq," explains Goldin. "She still has his jacket, but Amanda does not know that. She puts it on, gets a whip, puts on high heels, calls Jake over for an 'emergency' and seduces him. In the middle of them having sex, Taylor walks in and sees Amanda straddling Jake wearing her dead fiance's coat. She flips out and storms off."

Jake goes after her.

"He admits in this episode, 'I'm interested in you when you let your guard down.' She says, 'No, you're not. You don't want a broken soldier. You want boobs and cleavage.' Jake says, 'You're not paying attention. I think you're amazing.' That's the first connection they have."

Despite the lack of a liplock, it won't be the last.

"The whole story is about to take off," says Goldin.

Entire Article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad they're slowing things down a bit but does Pratt have some kind of fetish fixation? First Greenlee and the bodypaint and now Amanda going all "Kitten With a Whip" and straddling Jake. I'm not complaining and I love the idea of women being sexually powerful I just don't want the show to veer into exploitation a la pole dancing.

• Members

Good. It seems all involved are thinking for once. Give it time to see if it can blossom into something worth pursuing. That way fans will be more apt to embrace it, rather than get turned off by the forced nature by rushing it too quickly

• Members

One problem I have is this is ALL Amanda is lately... a sex kitten. I really hope they develop her more as a character.. we've had hints of it, and she has the lineage being the daughter of two very interesting Pine Valley characters.

I do find some of this stuff a bit too close to the pole dancing for me... not quite THAT bad, but it's just a bit too much lately. I'd rather see romance ... actual bonding between couples.

Archived