100 Greatest ABC Couples

• Members

Is this the editor's choices or the reader's choices?

This list just makes no sense to me. Adam & Liza came in at 90 while Adam & Krystal are at 79? WTF???

I am glad to see that couples from Ryan's Hope are on the list, but I would have put Roger & Delia in the top 20 at least.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin and Lucy should be in the top 25, easy. Their placement so low turns me off of the entire list.

I also would have put Stefan and Laura and Ned and Alexis higher, but that's really just my personal love for both couples; I can admit that they weren't huge deals in their time. Kevin and Lucy, though? They were a BIG DEAL. They approached supercouple status on GH, and were popular enough that they were sent off to anchor their own show. That's a pretty huge achievement.

• Members

The crying shame is that Phil & Tara (AMC) and Steve & Audrey (GH) who were icons in their time are not higher.

Phil & Tara were the first truly successful young love story on any soap. They were high schoolers when AMC started. Jeff and Penny from ATWT were young lovers too but not as young as Phil & Tara were.

And then Steve & Audrey carried GH from 1964 to 1977. They were so popular.

I think so far ABC SID is doing better at recognizing all the shows from their network. Hell they even remembered EON. I just wonder if they will go back to pick up Dark Shadows though.

• Members

I would not be surprised if we see Robin/Liz have all 3 of their pairings very high on the list, all of their pairings had huge followings.

I expect to see all 3 of Robin's pairings in the top 20. I think Liz/Lucky(Jonathan Jackson's version) will be in the top 10--Their has not been a young couple on GH since L&L2 who gained so much buzz for the show and got a huge fanbase.

• Members

This list makes no sense.

Considering the heyday of the couples was the 1980s, how is it possible so so many of the 100 greatest couples were from the 1990s and beyond? This seems as credible as when magazines do lists of top movies of all time, and 80 out of the 100 all just happened to come out within the last 20 years.

I would be most interested to know what criteria was used to determine that Al and Marcia, Todd and Tea and Geogie and Dillon were all greater than Palmer and Daisy, just as an example, or Phoebe and Langley.

• Members

Got this from SOC, this is for AMC

From AMC

#49..Ryan and Greenlee

47..Trevor and Natalie

44..Nina and Cliff

43..Bianca and Maggie

40.Ryan and Gillian

35..Adam and Brooke

31..Ryan and Kendall

Rylee in the top 50, WTF? :blink:

Rendull ahead of Ryan/Gillian, Nina/Cliff is disgusting and insulting

• Members

For me the bigger crime is that Zendull is ahead of Cliff and Nina and looks like they made the top 25. Rylee, Rendull, and Zendull should have been way down in the bottom 10 of this poll if anywhere near it. IMO

Cliff and Nina and many others on the list so far are worlds ahead of some who look like they will be in the top 25.

Archived