Which PT Soap Had The Best Titles? Which Had The Worst?

YRBB

• Members

My favorites I think would be KNOTS LANDING's and MELROSE PLACE's. KNOTS LANDING always had these clever, sometimes allegoric, sometimes metaphoric titles, and it wasn't clear exactly what they were referring to, unless you watched the episode.

As for MELROSE PLACE, they were hilariously funny and witty and were usually taken from existing pop culture names and altered. "Frames 'R' Us," "They Shoot Mothers, Don't They?" "El Syd," "Free Kimmy," "Un-Janed Melody," "Great Sex-pectations," "Screams from a Marriage," "Men are from Melrose," "All Beths Are Off," and so on and so forth. (S5 has great ones :lol:).

As for the worst? I think that absolutely goes to DYNASTY. Pretty quickly, titles dissolved into "The Accident," "The Voice," "The Head-ache," "The Balloon," whatever. And some of them were even used not more than once, but I think more than twice! I mean, puh-leeze!!! :lol:

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One Tree Hill has some of the best. All titles are great but these oens stand out..... "The Hero Dies In This One" "Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers" "Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends"

Degrassi:TNG has named each episode after an 80's song that fits the episode. Examples are when Paige was keeping her rape a secret it was titles "Shout"; Ellie cutting herself was "Whisper To A Scream"; Paige & Spinners breakup was "Islands In The Stream". They had a wedding and it was called "White Wedding"

Archived