Robert S. Woods on Days

• Members

I understand that Robert S. Woods left OLTL in the mid-eighties and moved to the West Coast where he joined the cast of DAYS for about a year.

I checked out the imdb and read that his character's name was Paul Stewart and that he stayed there from 1986 to 1987.

Does anyone remember what part he played and what kind of storylines he was involved in?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bob Woods was the second actor to play Paul Stewart. Paul and his wife Barbara unknowingly adopted Kimberly's kidnapped son Andrew. They lived in Salem while Paul over saw some construction at the hospital. Barbara eventually found out Andrew was Kinberly's son and did everything she could to hold on to him. It was she who murdered Emma (the woman responsible for kidnapping Andrew in the first place) to keep the secret. (they eventually rewrote the murderer to be Gillian). Barbara died in a car crash right around the same time Shane realized who their son Teddy really was. At first Paul fought it, but he eventually gave Andrew back to Kimberly.

Paul was later involved in a story that lead to the arrest of Gillian. Then Bob Woods was gone and there was a third actor playing Paul for a short time. The character was on the show for only about 8 months with the 3 different actors playing him. He was a very snooze worthy character no matter which actor was currently playing him.

• Members

Apparently.RSW left OLTL and moved to LA to care for his ailing mom.

The character of Paul Stewart was already on the show,played for a short time by Gregory Mortenson.

My guess is Days offered Woods the role to secure a high profile actor and beef up the story.

Paul Stewart was an architect,married to Barbara,played by Elizabeth Burr.He designed plans for the abuse clinic that Kimberley Brady was setting up.

They had adopted Kim's son Andrew.Alex and Emma were behind this.

Barbara discovers this and tries to get Paul to leave town.She dies in a car accident but reveals to Paul on her death bed that their son Teddy is really Andrew.

Kim is re-united with her son,but all have trouble adjusting Paul moves in with Kim to help Andrew make the transition.

Paul becomes a friend to Kim.He supports Shane & Kim in their plan to catch Gillian as Emma's murderer,by pretending they are in love and plan to marry.

Gillian is exposed,Shane & Kim marry and that was it for Paul.

I don't recall if Paul officially left Salem or just vanished.

• Members

Robert S. Woods had initially tried out for the new Roman Brady role - a role that eventually went to Drake Hogestyn.

Kale Browne also tried out for the role. Days casting director was very impressed with Drake, Woods and Browne. They offered Woods another role on Days and told AW about Kale and he got the role of Michael Hudson.

• Members

I had forgotten that Bob played on Days... I think he was on the show about as long as Lynn Herring was several years later. I was very happy when Bob returned to OLTL--as his double, I think, while the real Bo was being held captive by the Sanders or the Leightons--and just as happy when Lynn returned to GH. Would love for Lynn to return to GH now but you know that will never happen while Guza's in control. Unless he brings her on for sweeps to get killed off in a mob war.

Archived