AMC: Un-casting News and Previews

• Members

Wow, a lot of information!

I would like to see Melissa Claire Egan as a deceptive Sarah Webber on GH. I see a resemblance between her and Rebecca Herbst, and there was some promo commercial where I mistook Egan for Herbst. Certain angles, or the bone structure or something. But I'm over her on AMC.

I think it would be a mistake to lose Yaya so early on in her run. I think she's easily the most likable and watchable of that teen set.

A tornado? I think it's redundant, this one has BIG shoes to fill compared to the last one. Honestly, though I don't even remember who was killed in the last tornado (if any)... was it Seabone Hunkle? All I really remember was Julia's scar and the huge story that spun out of that, and Tad's trip to heaven and the rebuilding of the Martin home.

BUT, I think it's the smartest way to wipe out all the sets and launch the production model similar to GL, since that sounds like what they're planning. And AMC has been more and more using location shoots between the yacht club and the roadside investigations, etc. Funny, as soon as Beth Ehlers comes to AMC, partially because the studio is so close to where she lives, now they'll start shooting on location all the time. LOL.

The big actor leaving? It's so hard to define what anyone considers "big" on AMC. The vets? The Frons-appointed "stars"? I feared it was Tad. He has no job! He stopped working as a P.I., how is he supporting his family?! He has no story now that he got Kate back, and Pratt sounds like he has big plans for Adam and Erica, but mentioned nothing for Tad, who by all rights should be up there with them and Jackson Montgomery. Hope it's not Jack because that would just destroy the AMC fans, especially all the die-hard Jack/Erica devotees.

I'm partly hoping it's Thorsten Kaye, as a way to bring him back to OLTL as Patrick since Susan Haskell is back there as Marty now. It would only make OLTL stronger than it already is. And Zach/Kendall are getting into that territory where the fans won't accept them as anything BUT together, but at the same time it's hampering their viability in stories and as individual characters. But Zach seems like the type of character Pratt would LOVE to turn into AMC's version of Sonny, and Pratt did mention he wanted to "get Zach off the couch", so it sounds like he's staying.

I don't define Josh/Egglesfield as a major star, and I would hope Pratt would see the value in a hot, and talented, actor like Egglesfield and the fact he's Erica Kane's son. That NEEDS to count for something! We had to contort history to make a grown son for Erica, but what's done is done, so USE HIM!

I couldn't care less if Aiden Turner is out, I find him completely unnecessary.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I think she would be really good as Sarah and could see her in the role. Two things wrong with it though. I hate Sarah and I hate GH! LOL. Id prefer to see her on a show I watch, and right now that would be OLTL. I think if she went blonde again, she could work as Kelly or even come on as a new character

• Members

Maybe they're going to build new ones, or at the very least update the ones they have in preparation for HD. I get the feeling that ABC is really getting behind their soaps and making changes to ensure their longevity. They've seen the creative upswing OLTL is in the middle of and are probably hoping that Pratt will do the same at AMC to try and raise both shows' ratings...who knows, it might not be long before GH gets some changes as well.

• Members

Main Line Philly (where Pine Valley is set- the philly burbs) does not get this sort of Tornado. Even out farther in the boonies in PA you are unlikely to get a DISASTER! Tornado.

I live in the area... if we get a 'tornado' we didn't see it.. we found a few shingles blew off the roof and the news says "it appears to have been a tornado!"

of course, we don't have beaches, either. LOL.

There IS a river in Pine Valley... it's the one Millers Falls goes into - where Leo fell (the River in the real life Main Line Area is the Schulkyll River). The show gave the Pine Valley river a very PA River type name... I forget what it is, now. But a "flood" might be interesting. Tornado is silly.... of course, it depends what the story that goes with it is.

I just wish for a bit more "local feel' to the soaps again, so this stuff mildly irks me.

• Members

I haven't really been watching All My Children quite honestly since July 4th, I'm just really bored with it to be honest, lol. Nothing really interest me too much. A torando sounds pretty good, sounds like a Pratt storyline, something he would do on General Hospital. I've never been crazy about Cassie, or any of the teens actually (Really don't like the new Colby.)

I do want to tune in next week for Beth's first air appearance as Taylor, that could be something interesting. (Who's Frank?)

Annie really does have to go, I'm really tired of her character, and I really hope the rumor that Aidan isn't leaving, he has just been on AMC front and center for the past year or so and I really thought his character was picking up. What ashame!

• Members

I was thinking the same thing, that it was MEK... for some reason, MEK performances have been pretty lackluster lately... I think the writing is on the wall that Krystal and Adam will eventually get back together. If that's true, it would be cool to find out that David (Babe's dad) did the unthinkable before he left town... meaning he changed medical records to make it appear that Tad was Charlotte's (now Jenny) bio dad... This would make Tad so sad that I could see him leave town with his daughter Kate.

• Members

Frank is Frankie or Franklin. Anyway, He is Angie and Jesse's Son. He is A Doctor and He is Involved with that Hooker Named Randi. He had been Fighting in Iraq and Beth or rather Taylor will give him A Medal from the Military. Jody

• Members

I don't want to even comment on a revisit of the tornado... their is a difference between nostalgia and laziness. The news I have read in SOD and this makes me very wary of Pratt. I am afraid we will loose more of the veterans and history that makes me love AMC, and instead get a "whole new vision" like the mob-ization of Port Charles on GH.

That being said, my speculation to major leading man who has been let go is Jimmy Mitchell (Palmer). Petey is not on contract making me worried that could be a short term role. Pratt was part of the regime that pused out a lot of the vets at GH. Already we have lost so much... I am afraid for our show's future.

Archived