AMC: Un-casting News and Previews

• Members

I got the impression from his SOD interview is that Taylor's intro. will be his umbrella story:

"But it's just an exciting story and as it branches out and begins to touch more and more of the characters, namely Jake, it'll just get bigger and bigger."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't mind if all teens except Cassandra are fired... Petey, Dre, NotColby...who cares... As for the leading man, well I personally think it's Aiden Turner. I think Pratt will make Jake/Greenlee/Ryan love triangle and Aidan isn't needed anymore. :D

Mario Van Peebles, who is recurring as Samuel, is said to be exiting the show. The big question is: will anyone notice he’s gone?

So true. :lol:

• Members

This tornado thing makes me suspicious as to whether or not Pratt even studied the show's history before taking the reins. The Jake/Taylor stuff sounds interesting (though I still wish he had given her a less soap opera-ish name!). I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad Yaya is leaving. She's a terrible actress who's too beautiful to be believed. I think they need someone a little more real looking to blend in with the Hubbard family. That's why the chem between Debbi/Darnell/Cornelius is so good...they all look they could be part of the same family. The teen scene is one of the worst. I find them all pretty unwatchable. Wonder who the major actor fired is. I hope it's not Walt. He's really been a mainstay for 20+ years now, and like someone above said, the show really can't afford to alienate any more long-time viewers at this point. How much longer does Bobbie Eakes have on her contract? She's on a lot, but really has very little to do, and she must cost a bundle.

• Members

According to SoapNet.com Taylor's last name has been changed to Thompson.

Wonder if Pratt's first writing team hire Tracey Thomson had anything to do with that.

That's what I thought too.

Any who would they do a tornado outside of sweeps?

Seriously how reliable is Nelson other than the stuff he rips out of the soap magazines?

• Members

Tornado doesn't sound too bad, at least it's not a snowstorm in July like I think it was ATWT did a few years ago :rolleyes:

AT definitely isn't one of Frons' favorites, I doubt he cares one way or another.

I think it is AT that's gone. What's left for Aidan once Rylee get back together? More bbc?

• Members

He has his favorites, and he has his favorites; I 100% believe AT falls in to his favorites category. Favorites as in he doesn't care what happens with his character but he wants to keep his hard chest on the show. I remember going "WTF, really?" when I believe Frons directly made a comment about them doing everything in their power to keep him at AMC (when his contract was up last time).

• Members

I'm gonna take all of this with a grain of salt (I don't see AMC emulating GL's production model ANYtime soon) but I cna't say it has me pleased... As for Lily's actress wanting back or whatever--Nelson makes that sound like big drama. She reported for MONTHS that when her contract was over she'd be leaving. I don't exactly feel sorry fo rher and as he said she got a primetime gig in minutes.

• Members

I have a soft spot for Aiden Turner but really he should be out by now--he's never grown (much) as an actor, and has never had chemistry with anyone--and give much of his material to COlin who has the looks but also has the talent and charisma Aiden is lacking. I like COlin/Josh a lot and he is wasted--he could be almost a Leo type character--a nice guy at heart but gets himself into trouble. Add his connection to Erica (however badly that was created) and it's a much more viable character

• Members

Wow, do I hope Nelson is wrong on this!

Yaya is a good actress who imo fits in very well with her on-screen family and has sparks with the actor who plays Dre. Getting rid of her would be stupid when there are other actors who aren't half as good and/or characters who have overstayed their welcome (Babe, Krystal, Aiden, Randi, NuColby for starters).

I hope the actor who is leaving is Cameron Mathison (yeah, I know it's not likely with Frons in charge, but I can dream, damn it!) or Aiden Turner (whose character has even less ties to Pine Valley now that he no longer works with Tad).

I'm going to hold off on commenting on the tornado until we see how it plays out on screen. I'm hoping his changes mean the sets after the tornado to make them more realistic and switching back to videotape (what can I say, I have an older TV and the cinematic look doesn't work for me).

Archived