The Doctors

• Members

Ah...I've actually been skipping Mike, who's also not that interesting a performer to me (along with Jody, Liz, Townsend). Nancy is another character I watch only in relation to a couple other characters. And the two of them together are just dull. He seems immature for her.

Having seen some photos of a young LL, that wig really does her no favors. Too bad they don't get rid of Karen, have LL ditch the wig and let her come back as Karen's cousin or something, lol. Today, they might do something like that.

I've gotten used to Lydia Bruce now. Her Maggie is more ladylike and more compassionate. She doesn't give anybody the side eye.

Were Matt & Maggie married when the show premiered or did that happen onscreen? I wondered that when Matt told Nick he married Maggie in his scrubs in his office.

Edited by applcin

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When Matt and Maggie became regulars on the show, Matt was a widower and Maggie was married to her first husband, Alec Fielding. Fielding died and she then married Kurt Van Alen (who was Greta's father). From what I have gathered, Matt and Maggie were attracted to each other over that time but circumstances kept stopping them from getting together.

• Members

Applcin, immature is the understatement of the year for how Mike is acting about Nancy. It HAS gotten a bit more interesting the past few episodes as Matt angrily confronts Nancy about a $75 dollar gift Mike was planning to give her (and Mike actually hit Maggie up for the dough). Then Mike finds out about the confrontation and has an argument with his father that Maggie fruitlessly tries to referee. Nancy gives a ringing slap. These are the episodes that start April 1.

About Karen and the wig, with the two primarily female characters/actresses being blond, LL had to disguise her naturally blond locks. On the other hand, Jami Fields (Penny) had to cover her naturally dark hair with a blond wig so she'd look more like her on-screen mom, Liz Hubbard.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

She's played by Nancy Donohue, who probably isn't that familiar.

I don't mind her, but I'm not in current episodes the way some are. I also get the feeling I'm one of the few here who watches all the scenes so I won't have the same opinion as they do.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm hoping that Retro TV shows reruns into 1971 at least.. then we can see a young Anna Stuart as Toni.

I do enjoy watching Nancy, but I agree that they are a mismatch. At least some of the other characters are commenting on this... if this were nowadays, then all the other characters would be propping the relationship.

Edited by Soaplovers