EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think it worked because they've had such a keen focus on her all month. I didn't feel it was as out of place as some other similar moments of late. It felt like a small climax in an existing storyline.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Sayonara Glenda, but I enjoyed her last little dig at Max, which she has called correctly. 

Glynis Barber has said she really enjoys playing Glenda. It's a great part for any actress, but Glynis melts into the character and you don't see much of the lovely woman married to Michael Brandon and friend to Joan Collins when she slithers about in Glenda's shoes and M&S sweater sets. 

• Members

I'd love to see them pair max and Glenda up for a while.

I do wonder if the character will be back or if this is it. They kept mentioning her animosity with Shirley, which never really went anywhere, so maybe she will return for a story with her. 

She got to play much different material as Glenda this time around and for the most part she did it well.

• Members

I have to admit I liked Glynis Barber quite a bit during her last stint. I've never much rated her as an actress before (and one would think I'd be biased since I have a sister named Glynis) but she got me this time.

OK, I might as well print my theory here since I've already done so in two other forums:

I really do think Denise will end up being revealed as Claudette (do we know her maiden name?) and Tony Carpenter (one of EE's original characters)'s biological daughter.

This makes sense, especially because Tony's son Kelvin has recently been mentioned and will probably put in an appearance soon. Tony always did have a roving eye-didn't he even have a ding dong with Sharon's mum, Angie? And having it transpire that a teenage Claudette was forced to carry the baby to term but then dumped it somewhere would finally be a viable explanation for why such a nasty piece of work like her would end up fostering: guilt. 

So if this actually came to pass Denise would not only be Kelvin (and Cassie Carpenter)'s half sister she'd also be Vincent's. And she'd still be Pearl's aunt via blood.

On the other forums there have been the typical reactions of derision-the most dumb being why do we have to link black characters with other black characters. In this case it's because...uhhh...I doubt that either of Denise's biological parents are white. Asian (as in Indian/Pakistani) MAYBE but certainly not white. 

I can see SOC, via Michelle, reaching right back to its original cast of characters to inform a current storyline. I don't think it's just an anniversary tip of the hat by bringing Kelvin back. We shall see.

• Members

It sounds like a British person doing an American accent but at least he's trying.

This Michelle person looks like she keeps bodies in her cellar or cannibalizes children, why would young men find her irresistible?

Is Lee gone? That story wrapped up quickly. 

Edited by Darn