EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jessie Wallace was really great in tonight's episode. Kat looked so lost and emotionally drained, the parts where she was singing the lullaby to herself and then when she asked Alfie, "Why!? Why us?!? Why him?!" were very heartbreaking. :(

I'm glad Kat is getting material that isn't about her wanting to fight with people constantly, which was all they seemed to give her in her first few weeks back. There's so many layers and vulnerability to that character, which this story is bringing out again. Kat has always been a lost little girl, and that scene where she wanted her "dad" when her and Alfie visited a dead James who they thought was Tommy proved she still is.

Charlie and Big Mo also had a great scene, especially as it seems like Charlie is blaming himself and wanting to comfort Kat, but doesn't know how. I'm glad Big Mo isn't being used as comedic relief for a change as well. The scenes with Billy, Julie, and Alfie were good as well.

I thought Ronnie on the bed crying and pounding her head with her hands was a very effective scene too. Her actions are killing her and eating away at her in the inside. Part of me is thinking that it's Jack and Ronnie's idea of wanting the perfect family that drove her to do this. It seems like she wants to hold on to that and thinks this is the only way to do it.

I'm glad they had Bianca react too, as she know what it's like to lose a child at birth. They didn't have to tell us this, they showed us with the way Bianca reacted to the news that the baby had died. A person who didn't know Bianca's history might not have understood why this had an impact on her the way it did.

Christian and Syed. Who cares? :rolleyes: They have to muster up this cheap conflict to keep them relevant, since there is no and has never been in depth or substance in that relationship.

Carl will be very happy, Tanya is moving back to Walford permanently. :lol:

• Members

She has to move back - Max has a life without her. Can't have that. Get ready for the "Tan" obsessionpalooza. It will be 2008 all over again.

I guess that's why they had Max stripped off for the episode - a consolation prize.

Since poor Jake Wood still doesn't get any recognition for his acting I'm going to mention those Rear of the Year awards again. Wake up people.

• Members

Someone uploaded this 2003 clip with Neil McDermott (way before he played Ryan).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3ymMsejrA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3ymMsejrA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3ymMsejrA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

You can see why he grew the facial hair.

He must have been on the show off and on for a few months. In spring or summer they had some scenes where Zoe and Kelly humiliated him and the character was fired from his job.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

The thing is this story will likely help to improve viewer knowledge of cot death -- it's not like someone will watch and decide to steal a baby. This story is something that can be good drama and also help teach a lesson.

All this complaining has done nothing but neuter soaps, and what annoys me is that the stuff I find most offensive is never complained about. Why don't people complain about the horse sh!t Jane story? I find the message that Ian's child Bobby was not good enough for Jane to be more offensive than this mess.

• Members

I find most people obsessed are rabid Ronnie or Rack fans. A few even suggested it should have been the other way around with Kat swapping babies. :rolleyes:

Never mind that this is totally in character for Ronnie, as she's been a baby obsessed lunatic with mental health issues for years now.

I can at least say that Kat was never a baby obsessed lunatic, and that's big given her issues with how Zoe was conceived and raised and her miscarriage a few years ago. She's never let the tragedy in her life define who she is, like Ronnie has with her's.