EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Diederick's name is still on the credits next week. I think it will be weeks before we see Kirkwood's name on the credits. The script for last nights episode was issued on the 1st February and was not filmed until March 5th, Bryan's first week in charge. Which means that there must be at least another four weeks of Diederick's material to air.

Edited by dannigold

• Members

So have they said the story is going to change a lot now under Bryan?

That scene was much better than just about anything the empty Killer Lucas story has had so far. I still can't believe those endless scenes where he yammered to Libby in the church and apparently this caused her to stop looking for her father.

• Members

Syed is gone! If only this were for more than five minutes, then I might be happy.

Great scenes with Zainab falling apart, broken, ashamed, probably ashamed at herself most of all. Zainab is the biggest mouth but Masood is generally the cold one when he needs to be. I liked when she had to face her pain in the Vic. The only thing I didn't like was that witch Roxy, who, what a surprise, only cares about Christian long after she could have done him any good, lecturing Zainab about family. This is the woman who basically drove her sister out of the family for being molested by their father. :angry:

Loved Charlie's line about Doctor Who, especially since he was on Who.

I still don't buy that Tamwar would be so worried about Syed. They've never been very close, and Tamwar was close to Amira. He may not be happy about what's happened but I don't think he'd be this concerned or be angry with his parents. It's not as simple as Syed being gay driving him away, and Tamwar is smart enough to know that.

Peggy/Pat filler, barely watched. Skipped most of the stuff with Ben, although the scenes with Phil and Shirley were good, they have a good chemistry these days.

40 year old teens, skipped most of it. They managed to make Big Mo seem youthful. I think Wendy Richard had that same hairstyle in her last few years on the show.

How pathetic is Whitney now? Everything in her life is about clinging to Billie, no matter what. And Billie is even more pathetic, going to see Jack and expecting a pat on the head. I was able to break away from my amazement at Jack's miracle recovery long enough to cheer him as he berated Billie. Now I just don't want to have to see those chins of Billie's quivering again.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Caught up with last week's episodes...

This thing with Jack and Max and the chicks. No thanks. Not interested. And I don't like Max.

Pat and Peggy are funny and natural with each other, but this show is totally playing the "Ah, just have 'em bitching at each other, the audience'll eat it up" card.

Ben is hilarious, and not in a good way. I say cheer up, lad, in a few years when you leave the Square for parts unknown, you'll get rode on more than a coin-operated horse in front of a Kmart. I love Shirley, Phil...not so much.

Syed/Christian. All right. I love the parents, and the big scene between the three of them was fantastic. I think Christian's the most pathetic because instead of finding a perfectly suitable guy who isn't gonna have half the hang-ups of Syed, he wants Syed. I get it, he's hot. But it's still stupid, especially considering these two have only been bumpin' it for not even a year. I'm tired of these "epic gay love" stories. All that said, however, had I been Syed, I would have squealed on Z the first chance I got. Who is her to sit on her high horse, talking all this sh!t to her son and expecting her to go along with her lie. Weak.

Amira's the only one who gets my sympathy, but she no longer needs it because she's gotten out of that wasps' nest.

• Members

I wonder if she still feels that way after the more recent episodes. They have done a wonderful job of making both of these characters selfish and pathetic, and the actors do not have anywhere near enough chemistry to make it work.

I'm surprised to hear that Pat is his favorite character. I wouldn't have though from the past few years that Pat is anyone's favorite character. Maybe it's down to Pam St. Clement not wanting to work as much but they don't seem to know how to write for Pat most of the time. It's always a sort of self-parody with Pat these days, especially with Peggy and Janine. Then again, Ronnie and Roxy are his favorite characters, and look at their writing.

All those mentions of Sean Slater still make me cringe. I already had enough of that vile, racist thug.

It will be nice to see more of Shirley.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I loved that he acknowledges Shirley's character has been underused, and I am thrilled that Simon Ashdown is writing Barbara's exit. It also confirms that Bryan has kept the same story and production team as Diederick.

Edited by dannigold