EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I have finally caught up as well! And even though I did not enjoy the Lauren/Zack affair, it did provide some great soapy moments!

Please register in order to view this content

The reveal at the wedding was really great, when Whit jumped on Lauren, omg!! And all the confrontations that followed, it was all very well acted and really fun to watch. 

The birth scenes were lovely, especially the moment between Bianca and Whit. And then Sonia comforting Bianca after the truth came out, as Bianca cried.  

Do I wish Whitney was getting a happier ending? Yes. I wish the affair never happened and Zack and Whit left town together. But it is what it is. I just hope Zack and Lauren don't get together now. 

As someone who never really loved Whitney, I really did get teary eyed seeing her leave. Everyone clapping was really nice and it was more like people were saying goodbye to Shona. The moment between Sonia and Whit in front of the bus was sad, when she said to call Bianca.

As for other storylines, I was happy to see not many Mitchells lately, so that's a plus. I was surprised to see that George's sparing partner was Junior! And then Junior having a wife and a kid, after sleeping with Bianca. Interesting stuff! Bianca seeing them at the cafe and nudging Junior was fun NOw that Bianca is staying apparently, hope her affair with Junior will also lead to something.

I cannot believe I was so interested in the teens! Denzel and Amy's bedroom scenes were really good. Both young actors did a good job. Nugget is a real Panesar, isn't he? I was surprised at how he lied. But good scene there when Amy tells him that Denzel will replace him with someone cooler and then Denzel trying to get Nugget out of the filming session. I'm curious where all this goes.

I hope this is not the end of the storyline with Yolande and Pastor Clayton. 

Great to have Freddie back! I really missed him. He has such a positive presence shining from him. 

I hope the focus doesn't go back to the Mitchells and Billy's dad, because that storyline has been the least interesting for me. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I kind of like how it's been written, I think Whitney did get a happy ending in a sense. I feel like her having a baby and fostering a kid was her happy ending, and that she didn't necessarily need to have a man to have a happy ending. I guess they were trying to emulate what happened with Biana taking on Whitney in a way, even though the difference is that Bianca was with Whitney's dad. I like how Whitney started reflecting on her behaviour and how men have always treated her badly. They even touched on the abuse again. I kind of liked Whitney because of how things never went quite right, but I do think it's nice she's finally had a baby.

I'm the same. Was never a huge Whitney fan but I did feel emotional seeing her leave. 16 years is a long time so I guess we're bound to feel something unless we have hearts of stone! I didn't see Whitney ever leaving until it was announced.

• Members

Oh, I totally agree!! I didn't mean to imply that Whitney can have a happy ending only if she marries a man. Where my feelings of sadness emerged the most were during the wedding, when you know that [!@#$%^&*] will go down and Whitney will have her heart broken and her world will be turned up side down, not only because the man she loves slept with someone else, but that someone else is her best friend and on top her mother new about it all along and didn't say anything. So I kept thinking: "Oh I wish Whitney wasn't getting such a sad send off". 

But you are definitely right, that she did find some quick self reflecting, which then helped her reach peace and thus a happy ending, of sorts, with her daughters. 

I just felt bad for her during the entire ordeal. 

For sure! I am sure I would have felt it more if I actually watched during the entire 16 years. But I was there in Whitney's beginnings and now this last year.

And it was sad. Seeing her say goodbye to all the friends and family. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I fully stopped watching sometime after Bobby was revealed as Lucy's killer... was that a live episode back then? I think so, no? I remember watching that for sure.. so probably some time after that. 

And then I came back last year in August.

Where are you currently with the episodes?

Edited by Manny

• Members

Yes, it was the the episode of the infamous 'How's Adam?' scene

I'm currently watching 2005 on UKTV play and Drama. 2005 is when I first became a fan of the show, so it's interesting watching it back.

• Members

Omg, yes! Hahaha I miss Jo Joyner and Tanya. 

I think I started watching around 2008. I watched Emmerdale around the same time and it was the first time I ever switched from US soaps into UK soaps. And I loved it. 

Oh thats not too bad Means you got the interesting episodes coming up! Enjoy!

• Members

Let us know what you think of Whitney and Zack's storyline

Oh I miss Ronnie and Roxy too!! More so Roxy. Ronnie, I had an on/off relationship haha I found her boring at times. I recently watched their death on Youtube... So sad..