EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Heh. No. But he did swing his ding dong around convincingly in his Emmy-winning turn on Boardwalk Empire.

Sweet bit of Peter and Lauren walking off to Julia's Theme. Maybe she'll be back for grandpa Jim's funeral in the fall? And Peter is presumed dead in an earthquake in New Zealand but turns out to be working as a go go boy in Tokyo?

• Members

Unless they ask her to come back early she will likely be gone until fall at the soonest. One of the only maternity leaves I remember being cut short in UK soaps is (I think) Alison King on Corrie, as Carla carried the show for huge portions of time in recent years.

I first heard of Danny Dyer when someone posted some DVD extra of him wandering around with his dick out to get a reaction from other cast members. I know he's been in some acclaimed things (like Borstal Boy, Greenfingers, etc.) but I always remember him for wandering around with his cock out.

And that was better acting than most of what I've seen from him as Mick Carter.

• Members

I think they're going to keep focusing on Abi's mental instability (which bearding for Ben will not help any) but Abi/Lorna, while a decent actress, is best in small doses, to me. Too much and it just sounds like whining, because of her nasal voice and pouty faces.

I'm not sure what they could do with Lauren, but I'd say her relationship with Stacey should be the primary focus for the character, as they have a very interesting bond.

A part of me wishes they'd put Martin with her instead of Stacey, in part because I think he would drive Max around the bend, as this actor is basically playing it as Bradley 2.0.

• Members

I think a lot of people miss Stacey/Bradley, and there's also an idea that if she marries a Fowler then it fulfills her iconic status. I have to admit I don't get this at all. I was a fan of Ruth's (before the baby misery, anyway) and I was a fan of Lofty's, but would you call them "iconic"? Or that fishwife Sonia? If they mean it will help bring the Fowlers back to prominence, that would be nice, but it doesn't have to be through Stacey.

I'd rather see Stacey/Max. I guess I will try with Stacey and Martin, but there's no spark. I always thought Bradley and Stacey had a nice basic chemistry which I'm not seeing here.

I'm trying to think of any other man on the canvas I'd be interested in seeing her with and it's tough to have any positive thoughts of most of them. Maybe she can be with Charlie if he too commits suicide right after.