EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder how much longer DTC will stick around after the 30th anniversary. Producers have a tendency to leave soon after milestone anniversaries on this show.

Santer left after the 25th, and Kathleen Hutchinson's brief stint came to an end around the time of the 20th. Also, Matthew Robinson left around the time of the 15th anniversary (both Robinson and John Yorke are actually credited in the 15th anniversary episode).

I kind of hope that Sarah Phelps's one-off return is paving them way for her to replace DTC...

• Members

http://dirtylittlegreasemonkey.tumblr.com/post/109224848292/the-wedding-week-trailer

The DS brigades will, and it will get a lot of hype and promo because of the anniversary and it's a murder mystery of a longtime cipher (er...character), but it doesn't deserve a fraction of the ratings it will likely get. It's a half-assed shock value story with an embarrassing promo that reminds me of the far superior Neighbours Halloween webisodes last year.

• Members

DS always gets the vapors for Eastenders when Santer and/or DTC are around. It's all about PR and hype (just as they only liked Corrie when Collinson was around). They need their heads patted and their butts wiped.

As soon as DTC is gone, that love will fade, minus a few loyal posters.

• Members

So Sharon's biological mother contacted her tonight? I know we met her briefly in the early 90's and she only saw Sharon as a friend and not her daughter. Anyway, I wonder how DTC is going to f.uck this up, as I assume it's probably going to lead to some of Sharon's biological family possibly coming. Though, as they ignore Sharon for the most part these days, I wonder if this will lead to anything as well...

Also a Vicki and Spencer mention? LOL