ATWT: Week Of June 30th

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Luke and Noah seem to be like the Shawn and Belle of ATWT. I think Henry and Vienna are the real gay couple in town. Love them!

I like NB as Lily. I hate it when they fire veterans and when they recast classic roles, but NB works great for me. And for some reason watching her reminds me that Lily was raised by Lucinda Walsh, not the Snyders. But enough with the Carly-Holden mess. TPTB are ruining a friendship and several characters in the process and this is not even an interesting story! And those silent puppy looks when Lily is around.. I want to laugh when I see those. Luke and Noah had some of them as well! This is like a comedy series is making fun of soaps.

Nu-Mike is great. BTW Cyndi's gig was a disaster. Only ten people showed up. Luke and Noah should stop acting like tortured heroines (it's like pairing young Jennifer Horton with young Penny Hughes), they could become the queens of Oakdale! Have some fun people!

• Members

I couldn't get on it most of yesterday.

As for the show today, most of it had a cheesy holiday feel. Katie continues to make an ass of herself, whining about Brad's obsessions with Janet and Jack are making her feel like chopped liver. I don't care that she had an actual point somewhere in there....it's her bitchy whining that bugs me. Like she seriously needs Brad's focus to be on her every whim 24/7/365, after he spent the better part of a year being her doormat? And WTH was her little speech about him "winning" her from Jack? HELLO!!!! Brad didn't "win" her....Jack kept refusing to give her any time and attention.

Jack/Janet...just when I thought something couldn't possibly out-skeevy the CarDum ONS, here's Janet acting like a two dollar whore and Jack diving in. I don't care if they have sex...they're single. But that scene was just overkill.

Speaking of Holden, it was nice to see realHolden protectin' the kinfolk, totally ignoring his own hypocrisy while he does it. (It must be that half a brain he's missing.... :lol:) At least it was nice to see a character I recognize, when he's spent the rest of the week being such an ass.

I actually liked the drama around Sophie's disappearance. I thought the Paul/Meg and Babs/Lisa scenes were the highlight of the show.

• Members

That pretty much sums up the show. I really didnt pay attention to the WOAK robbery crap. The only thing interesting was the stuff I bolded. I was nice seeing Lisa and Barbara having meaniful scenes. Same for the Sophie stuff. At least we wont have Paul suspecting Meg did it for a month. i am glad this storyline is moving along. Ummmm...Cole anyone? :P

• Members

Well, ATWT hasn't been known for their mysteries for years. Other than Will accidently poisoning Rose (which I still think was a complete cop-out) I can't remember the last time I was surprised by the identity of a killer. I can't wait to find out how stupid Cole has to be to be caught. And from the previews, I wasn't surprised at all to find out Jack's probably catching the case, especially since it involves Meg.

I don't know....Brad has suddenly become a complete dipstick since marrying Katie. (Well, maybe since Liberty arrived. :) ) I get the sibling rivalry thing, and I thought Jack's nasty little comments today (especially his snotty look at Brad in his costume and telling him to "make the family proud" or whatever) were uncalled for. Especially knowing how bent out of shape Jack got over Carly possibly hookin' up with Brad last summer. But any rooting value Brad earned just seemed to have evaporated for me.

Eewwwww...I still think the Jack/Janet scene was just nasty. Another male/female friendship hitting the skids for cheap sex.

• Members

I personally found the Jack/Janet stuff tacky, tastless and a turn-off.... and again we had to see a table used to get freaky on (last time was on the set of the television station with him and Katie).... I pretty much know what the endgame of this is going to be....There definitely won't be a Katie/Brad OR and Janet/Jack....Brad's envy is going to put Janet and Brad back together, Jack will be dealing with the mess of Holden and Carly and Katie will be debating if she still has feelings for Mike... (and no, this isn't info I received since I do the previews of the show, LOL)

Brad has become completely dumb since getting a daughter (can we say, find an orange crate to ship her out)...I don't like Liberty at all...she's a worse version of Maddie, and I tolerated Maddie....

The only thing I did like about this week's show? Well, make that two things...Sophie getting done away with and Barbara giving a nod to the history of James Stenbeck...and of course next week looks good (I loved seeing Emily staring down the barrel of the gun this time around)...

On another note: I thought they were going to bring Mike back smart...He was smart for a good three weeks, until he was put into the Paul/Meg storyline. Who in their right mind would take the word of a loony teen who's only been in Oakdale for a hot minute, over that of someone who they've known for a while? Mike was so quick to jump to the girl's aide, then felt like a chump when he found out her crying wolf story was indeed fake...then he turns around again falling for the same song and dance...

I guess I'm on a roll tonight.... I also couldn't stand Holden. Holden needs to fix his own effed up emotions before diving into Meg's world. Same goes for Jack. I still say Jack's still swallowing that bitter pill of the fact that he lost Katie to Brad...Can't wait to see how he deals with ole Holden boffing his ex (you know I can hear Jack saying: "You slept with my wife?")...I'm pretty sure Janet won't be in his little radar when that news hits the fan.

• Members

I think Soapsuds was just meaning himself and it came out that way. Don't think he meant to offend anyone. Haven't seen the Jack/Janet scenes yet today as I'm waiting for Youtube to have them. But looking forward to it none the less. I find myself liking Janet. She seems real to me in the way that she is a single mom having raised Liberty alone and trying to have a social life while she's at it. And I can see her jumping on Jack as the man is attractive as hell, nice to her and well attractive as hell...lol.

I know now everyone is going to say that Janet is this and Janet is that, but I still like her. And I haven't been liking to many characters lately. I still can't buy into the Nulily. I like her as an actress but I swear its like a totally new character. She does have chemistry with Maura though(although who doesnt). Speaking of Carly, I found her and Mike to have oodles of chemistry as well. Just not feeling the holden chemistry too much. Although when he went to her house yesterday I did feel a spark there....allbeit a very small one.

• Members

Sorry but he has a habit of doing that all the time and to be honest I find it quite offensive. Its one thing to have your own personal opinion but I feel like automatically disregards everyone else who might have something relevant to say about the show...

Anyways I'm watching the episode on CBS right now and so far I'm liking it. I don't mind the new actress playing Lily. She seems to fit in nice but I sorta want her to show more attitude/assertiveness. Right now she just comes across as clueless and a doll.

Happy 4th to everyone.

• Members

Well, I like Janet. I thought it was great how she stood up for herself with Katie and then looked out for her daughter. I had no problem with Janet and Jack having sex. They are attracted to each other and are both trying to move on with their lives. There was nothing nasty about their kissing as far as I can tell.

I enjoyed the tension between Brad and Jack. It felt real. Who does Jack think he is telling Brad how to raise her daughter or treat Janet. Liberty was wrong for disobeying her father and going to the parade. She is lucky it was Jack who arrested that guy and not some random cop who would have brought her in also.

Holden needs to focus on his own life and let Meg destroy her own.

The Lisa/Barbara scenes were pretty good. Nice to see the vets in action.

I was disappointed that Holden and Carly were not featured in next week's previews. Emily is such trash. Why is she running around Margo's house in her underwear? Disgusting.

• Members

The best part about todays show? The family aspect of it all. The drama between Jack and Brad was awesome. I could feel the tension there and it was great. That's the type of action/story telling that gets the viewer excited and engaged.

Parker and Liberty are just too cute for words... :P

Archived