ATWT: Week Of June 30th

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cyndi's new cd really is top notch. She had big producers like Basement Jaxx, so it's not some cheap dance cd. If it were released by a young diva, say Rihanna, Into the Nightlife would be a #1 hit. Tom and Margo's anniversary has gotten me back to ATWT for a week. I watched the July 1st episode and enjoyed it. Casey and Emily are about the only thing that makes me want to continue watching. Also loved Barbara and Lisa giving Sofie a smackdown. I haven't been watching since Sofie went crazy so that was new.

• Members

They finally found a way to make Nuke interesting....keeping them from speaking while some kick-ass artist rocks Yo's. :lol:

Holden continues to be the scum of the earth. I wish Carly would have slammed the door on him, catching his winkie and damaging it forever.

I like the Carly/Mike scenes.

And can't they give Henry/V anything to do OTHER than having sex in costumes? (I can't imagine how many health code rules they violated today.) Henry, apparently isn't good for anything BUT dressing up. At least he gets to be a guy now. No more Henrietta dresses for him.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol: I thought Cyndi was fabulous! I need to pick up her new CD. Yes, Nuke was more interesting with Cyndi's help. But didnt Cyndi and Luke have more chemistry than Noah and Luke? :lol: I guess Cyndi can be Luke's girl pal. :P Btw...Noah/Silbermann cant dance. :lol:

Ugh...Holden is an [!@#$%^&*]....I cant stand him anymore...get him off my screen.....hypocrite!!!

I liked it too. Better chemistry than Dumbo Holden. :rolleyes:

:lol: Henry should just give in and have sex with Mike. Is it me...or has Henry had chemistry with both Mikes? :lol:

• Members

Yeah...I was amazed Cyndi was so interesting as a character. Most times, these \"guest as self\" roles are so wooden it\'s not funny. It was a little preachy, but not one-tenth as preachy as Luke usually is. And I don\'t know what kind of pull Cyndi had with TPTB, but to get TWO songs entirely played? What did she do, cover salaries for a week or something? :lol: Meanwhile, the director should have done both Van and Jake favors and cut away from their dancing scenes. Ooops...can you imagine the Nukers protests over THAT conspiracy? :lol:

Yeah...as if that being \"Jack\'s house\" would have kept him from doin\' Carly right then and there. I\'m glad Holden moved his sorry ass back to Lily\'s so she gets the pleasure of kicking it right back out. Even though both he and Carly are wrong, I only feel sympathy for Carly, who seems to be in free-fall, allowing this schumuck to keep pulling her chain before he hops happily back to his wife.

I just like Jon Prescott. I wish he\'d get something to do other than hang around losers like Meg and Katie.

Henry\'s one of those characters that has chemistry with everyone. How sad is it that when Maura can do that, she\'s the leading lady, and when Trent does it, all he gets is backburner limbo for months at a time?

• Members

I have finally figured out what is wrong with NuLily. Noelle Beck isn't terrible, but her Lily comes off fragile and delicate which is so out of character. Martha's Lily wasn't my favorite, but the character was strong and often overpowering.

I wanted Holden and Carly to kiss. I hate all the delaying tactics. Still Holden is a lowlife for misleading Lily about his feelings. Even if he can't be with Carly, he shouldn't give Lily all this hope that things between them are okay.

I really like NuMike even though he is too young for the role. He is wasted in Maul hell. He should be mixing it up with Emily and tempting Katie away from Brad.

Good to see Cyndi Lauper as ff through the dreck that is supposed to be acting. Ugh.

• Members

I agree. It doesn't help that Noelle's voice is so weak and quiet...she doesn't have the power to cause thunderstorms like Martha did. If I take my glasses off, though, she looks just like Martha, so judging mainly by looks, I'd say NB was a good recast, but for character portrayal, not so much.

Cyndi Lauper kicks all types of ass. She sang the hell out of "True Colors" and I loved her randomly dancing on extras during that other song. I actually liked Noah and Luke today, but that doesn't say toooo much. Superficially, they're a hot little number, with their longing looks, passionate kisses and what-not, but anything beyond appearances....snoooooze. Van and Jake are more into each other than Luke and Noah are. And Jake can NOT dance. I'm surprised Cyndi didn't die laughing right there.

Isn't that the standard, though? When Mary J. Blige and Snoop Dogg performed over on OLTL this year, they both did two songs each. Snoop actually did two songs, the opening theme song, and had his first performance replayed on the second day.

• Members

:lol: You just dont like Nuke do you Ann. :lol:

Yes she did. I loved it. LOL...I said the same thing earlier...Jake looked dumb dancing...LOL....and LOL about Cyndi not laughing.

We finally agree JP. NB lily comes off watered down. I cant believe she hasnt gotten a clue what is going on. Martha's version of Lily would have suspected something already.

• Members

You nailed it, Soapsuds. It is like Heather Tom playing Victoria Newman and Amelia Heinle playing the same character.

detriotpiston, I don't mean that Martha's Lily was strong or overpowering in character as much as in her mannerisms and acting. When Martha spoke it was determined and even when Lily cried or did something stupid, it came from deep within. In contrast, Noelle's Lily comes off squeaky and light. Even when she had the outbursts at Faith's dance, it was very shallow. It is the difference between singing from your diaphragm (Martha) and from your throat (Noelle).

Unfortunately, no and it kills me because I was so looking forward to Luke's first romance. In my eyes, Luke isn't just a half of a badly conceived and acted couple. Unlike all the lecturing Nuke fans, I actually remember Lily giving birth to Luke and crossing my fingers that he was Damian's son and not Holden's.

• Members

Not on this show. Well, I guess Gwen got a lot of her songs in. But I remember acts that barely got opening and closing lines for ONE song. The camera barely even cut away from Cyndi. TWO songs is unheard of on this show.

Archived