ATWT: Week Of June 30th

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's hard for me too see Holden having chemistry with anyone these days. The character is just so deadly dull. Remember when Holden actually had an edge? I wish they hadn't turned him into Dudly Doright/hypocrite. It's making it so hard for me to care what happens to him.Maybe Janet could make him interesting again, but I think i'd rather see her with Mike. The good thing is there is no shortage of available men on the show right now, so they could chem test any number of couples and see what works best. If only the writers cared enough to do that.

• Members

Janet and Mike.....that would be interesting because she is so outgoing and fun and flirty and you never know what she's going to say or do next.....and Mike is so dependable and likeable and just a great guy in an almost shy kinda way. Yep....I wanna see this. I think it would be great. Although I'm enjoying Jack and Janet as well although I still hold out for my carjack reunion.

• Members

Ok...I've read everything said about me. No reason in explaining what I meant. Because opinions have already been made one way or the other. I will say you get your wish. I wont be posting here on the ATWT threads anymore. I am tired of the negative bashing on this thread. This is just one thing wrong with SON. I could go on with posters being bothered by PM again. Yes, it is continuing again. But that is another story. Have fun(rejoice) posting because I am done with the ATWT threads.

• Members

Well I hope that's not true Soapsuds because I look forward to reading your posts and Pj's too. I've been enjoying them for some time. And even though sometimes we don't agree I still like to read your point of view. So please reconsider and continue to post.

• Members

Guys, this board has an ignore feature, so if someone is really pissing you off that much all you have to do is put them on ignore. There is no reason for anyone to leave.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. I'm open to a lot of possibilities. Jack and Janet are fun for now. I love Janet's enthusiasm and she would be a good character to wake up Jack, Mike or Holden. I think Mike could work with Carly, Meg or maybe even Lily. I'd love to see Brad written off or recast because I can't take AP seriously in the role of Brad, so i don't care who he is with. I wouldn't mind Holden with Katie or maybe Janet.

• Members

Oh yes that's SO inviting to people who don't usually post here. Or have thought it but like myself may be hesitant due to the whole "groupthink" disease that seems to infest these threads as Juliajams pointed out I believe...

RE: Janet

About Mike and her. Mike and Jack are almost the same exact person though don't you think? The only difference being that Mike has usually been portrayed as being clueless or less than smart in most situations involving the opposite sex.

Meanwhile you've got Jack who's been played by Carly and other women before in his life so he's a bit more wizened I guess you could say.

But both are honest down to Earth guys who are sweet and lovable...not to mention drop dead sexy...lol. I think Janet with either guy would be awesome.

As for Carly I'd rather have Simon back for her. This whole Holden thing can only go so far. Eventually I'd like it to end.

• Members

You know that's true about Jack and Mike but when Mike was played by Shawn Christian he was just drop dead sexy and a little more devioius IMO. If we had Shawn back in the role of Mike I'd say bring on the Carly Mike reunion....lol. I'm just not feeling the whole Carly Holden thing because it just bothers me so much how she's hugging Lily and all I'm so happy for you Lily and then throwing longing looks at Holden....that drives me crazy. They are really trying to paint her as the homewrecker and I hate that. It would have been really refreshing for Carly to have a real relationship with a great guy and have that get under Jack 's skin. Not because she's in a bad relationship or needs rescuing...but because she really did change and is moving on. Now that would've been great. Or even better have her concentrate solely on the kids and the bar and let her be single and loving it. Now that would be can't miss tv for all of us married mom's who would love to live vicariously through her.....lol.

• Members

Right now I'm loving Jack, Janet, Brad, Katie (shocking since I've hated her like FOREVER!), Parker, Liberty, Barbara, Aaron (although he's not getting much to do these days), Luke, Noah, Casey, Lily, Holden, Carly, and Lucinda.

Those are some of my favorites right now. I used to be huge fan of Paul and Meg but that was back during the whole baby switch storyline and the subsequent drama. However I'm quickly tiring of them and its kinda sad since I've supported them for so long and it feels like I've been thru a LOT with them...lol I don't know if you get what I mean. The whole Emiloon debacle. Psychotic Craig Montgomery. Now Sophie. Its like ENOUGH already.

I was sorta hoping for Mike and Meg but it seems like that won't be happening at all and in a way I'm glad. I don't want Mike to get caught up in their mess of a relationship.

The Carly/Holden/Lily triangle is pretty interesting to me in a sorta forbidden way. They both know its wrong. They both are shocked when it happens yet they can't help it. It just feels so normal/realistic when I'm watching their scenes because their awkwardness around each other makes it seem authentic. Here's 2 people who you'd never expect to hook up yet they are? I expect a lot of drama and I hope the show delivers. They have alright chemistry but nothing off the charts. Carly has had much hotter relationships (Simon anyone?) and definitely more fulfilling ones I believe. Plus I REALLY want to see Carly move on from Jack. I'd like to see her run her OWN business with nothing shady going on. There's so much potential there and a lot of story to explore.

The whole Casey/Emily storyline isn't my favorite but again I love the hidden aspect of it and the eventual revelation and subsequent explosion by Margo will surely be worth it. Emily is one character who I've never liked, respected, or even felt pity for to be honest. Yet she serves her purpose I guess. However I hate what they're doing to Casey. Its like Maddie never existed or something...

Then there's Katie and Brad. Still not a huge fan of Katie's but she's tolerable these days which is more than I could say for her in the past. Love the brotherly love (or should I say loathing) between Jack and Brad. Love the Janet angle as well.

As for Sophie being "dead" I'm kinda ignoring it cuz again Paul and Meg have kinda fizzled out for me.

I know this is gonna sound naive/stupid but I really do see signs of supercouple stardom for Parker and Liberty...lol. They're what teens/preteens? Great chemistry though between the two in terms of joking around and even kissing. Love the actors and their dialogue. I'm definitely hoping ATWT doesn't mess that up.

• Members

Yes!! See, I thought Mike and Carly were really hot when SC was in the role. I can't believe they recast the role and didn't give Mike back his edge. At this point Mike, Jack and Holden are essentially the same character, which is really too bad.

I liked Peg a lot more when they were partners in crime. Now that Meg is the moral compass of that relationship, it's not all that interesting. I wish they would give Meg back her real personality. She was never the good girl. It's fine that she grows up a little, but they've taken it too far. Anyway, I still think RH and MW have a lot of chemistry so I don't mind that they're still together.

I'm interested in Parker and Liberty to some extent. At first I thought the actress would drive me nuts, but I've come to like her. I think Parker is 14 and Liberty 15, but that's just a guess. I just hope they don't have these two sleep together any time soon. I understand it happens IRL, but I really do not need to see the under 16's hitting the sheets on my soap.

• Members

When I heard Shawn went to DOOL I was crushed...and I'll admit have tuned in a few times just to get a glimpse and he is still sexy as hell. There was a scene of him in a towel and WOW that was must see tv!! :D I wish they would give Mike his edge back as well. I think Shawn's Mike and Carly could have all kinds of fun!!

I loved the storyline of Meg and Paul at the beginning as well. I was hooked! And I love Roger Howarth, I find him sexy as hell as well...lol

I wish they would bring Meg down a peg or two as well. I liked them against the world not Meg preaching to Paul day and night. Talk about nagging to death!! We get enough of that in real life....lol

I am finding it hard to like Liberty only because of the way she treats poor Parker. But she is such a realistic teenager. Most times I see kids on soaps and I'm thinking to myself I wish kids were like that in real life...lol She is very realisitic to me because most teens are mouthy and selfish and self absorbed....so i like that. Am interested to see where this goes myself, especially once Carly finds out about it.

• Members

Here's the flip side of your "groupthink" charges. Yeah, I own that when I get on a subject, I can sound like a bitch, and it can turn people off. But I'll guarantee that another reason people are hesitant to post is fearing someone WILL call out their post as "uninteresting". And frankly, I'm pissed off that a couple of posters who RARELY post in ATWT threads are bitching about the quality of posts. INSTEAD of complaining, make the effort and POST. Dazzle us with your insights.

I'm sorry if Ron and I agreeing is so much "groupthink" that we've stifled conversation. We happen to agree on things. And this winter, it seemed like we were pretty much "the ATWT discussion thread". If Ron didn't start a thread, it didn't get started, PERIOD. So, I guess this is the reward for keeping ANY discussion of ATWT going here, or trying to? NICE.

Archived