ATWT: Week Of June 30th

• Members

Agreed. You could cut the tension between Jack and Brad with a knife. Interesting that I never felt the intensity of animosity between Brad and Jack when they were fighting over Katie. AP usually makes me roll my eyes, but he did a good job today as Brad went after Jack. Brad's feelings for Janet are deeper than he wants to admit. I like that Brad is being a good father by being tough on Liberty. Katie and Jack feel like the outsiders when it comes to Brad, Janet and Liberty. The family alignment will undergo some correction soon. Brad's head will explode when he finds out that Janet and Jack are sleeping together.

Today was the first time that I found Parker and Liberty cute.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually got to watch live and not on my phone today.

Jack and Janet were hot...kind of a little trashy, but a fun trashy. I thought it was a good moment for Janet standing up to Kate like that--more depth to the character. I've always thought the tension between Brad and Jack could be explored more, and this is one worth watching. I think it's a different side of Jack we're seeing.

Thought the scenes complemented the more heavy drama of Meg and Paul and Holden. I've got nothing on Luke and this even more lame storyline.

• Members

Lol I was loving all the Nuke drama until Cindi Lauper got involved. It just felt lame and cheesy to be honest. And then the whole relationship reached a whole new level of ridiculousness with the whole "army" thing that Noah is going on about. However Noah's expression in the previews for next week is hilarious!

Jack and Janet were definitely hot. Loved how she just propositioned him like that. Its just so outside Jack's comfort zone and his reaction was great. But you could also see the lust/longing in his eyes. Good chemistry there.

The only thing though is the whole Liberty/Parker romance. Technically since Parker isn't Jack's biological father I guess it doesn't matter. But it is sorta messy.

Based on the previews I think next week will excellent and I can't wait. Hopefully Margo shoots Emiloon dead for good.

• Members

Okay....seriously. Grow up, people! Just because someone makes a general comment about not liking a character, that doesn't mean anything. I know Ron might say some stuff to trigger others at times, (hell, we all do sometimes) I very highly doubt he was force-feeding anyone to hate a character. Ron's very displeased with the show, just like alot of us are. Just because we have our opinions, that doesn't mean that others might have the EXACT OPPOSITE reaction to a certain character. Ron was not telling anyone what to do, who to like, etc. He was just saying that in his opinion, he feels like no one should want to see such a character as Janet.

Meanwhile, I do want to say this. Take it how you want it. Personally, I don't care. But I do think that some people tend to go against the flow just for the sole purpose of annoying/irritating/provoking others. Yes, we might like the show from time to time, but there's no need to constantly nitpick every single little thing someone says in this thread.

NOW.....onto the show.

Jacket was HOT. I will ALWAYS be a CarJack fan, but Michael P. and Julie P. sure do have some chemistry. Or perhaps I just like it when anyone in Oakdale (sans Katie) beds someone. It seems to be such a rare occasion that we get a good, rough, hot, steamy love scene. Even today, the show closed just as Jacket started gettin' their groove on. Seems like Mark Collier can rest easy that his buttocks will be the only one ever displayed on ATWT.

Liberty/Parker: cut, but I don't get why Parker didn't snitch. Dillon did everything but call him a low life and Parker still refused to tell his dad about his suspicions that Dillon was the thief....all in the name of lookin' cool for Liberty.

Brad is such a douche. Why does he seem to always blame Jack for every single thing that goes wrong in his life? And wtf? Katie isn't some trophy; no, you did not WIN her. :rolleyes: Douche.

:lol: at Paul and Meg's reaction to Sofie. Only Paul Ryan can find good in someone's murder. "Now we can be together..."

I still can not comprehend how Meg would believe that Paul fathered Sofie's baby or how Paul would believe that Meg killed Sofie after all the lies this girl has told them.....!!! :rolleyes:

Lastly, Holden ain't one to be handin' out love advice to his sister. First of all, it really irked me how agressive he was about protecting little sis. If my sister loves a total scumbag, yeah, I am not gonna like him. But if she's happy with him, let her figure out his faults on her own. Holden doesn't need to take up a career in professional love advice when he's too busy pining after his cousin's ex and his wife's best friend. (Let alone, a woman he previously loathed to the third degree) <_<

• Members

Maybe, but why should it annoy anyone that a character they don't like is liked by others, that's the real question. Someone having the opposite opinion should not "provoke". I'm more concerned with the "group think" that has started to pop up this board. Lately, I've been seeing people jumped on because they disagree with the majority of long term posters think on this site and that isn't very conducive to interesting, meaningful discussions.

And I happen to love Janet. I think she's one of the best new characters this show has seen in quite some time. Hope that doesn't provoke anyone. <_<

• Members

I haven't seen anyone jumping on anyone about their opinions. ATWTer's at SON have always been very well behaved when it comes to respecting others opinions.

But I do hate to see when people think a comment is directed at them. I understand....been there, done that. But just because someone says "No one wants to see that" does not mean they are telling you "You don't want to see that"....it just means they have different beliefs, different opinions. Ron was making a general statement about not liking Janet and someone took it WAY out of context.

I'm not arguing with anyone. I just hate how everyone thinks that everyone needs to have their opinion. And sometimes, I think, we at SON have become so overpopulated with people spoon-feeding us their personal beliefs that I think it's sort of a sore spot for us. We look for people to say things like Ron did....some of us analyze every single statement in a post so we can cry foul.

Basically, Ron made a general statement about his disgust for the character Janet. Jack took it the wrong way and assumed Ron was trying to tell him what to like, what not to like.

I mean...c'mon people!!!! Do we really need to get in the habit of posting "My personal opinion is..." in front of everything so that no one gets their feelings hurt and accuses people of trying to tell them what to like, what not to like????????

It's INSANE!!

• Members

I never took it as Ron telling me who to and not to like. I found it amusing that someone posted 'no one wants to see that' when its knowen that people do want to see it. do care about her do like her.

i never want to see carly or MW on atwt again. doesnt mean i am going to post 'no one wants to see that anymore' because.... well i know people do. i disagree, but i know i am not the be all and knowing wise atwt fan who everyone agrees with.

no, you dont need to post IMO in every post, but you also needs to be respectful of people maybe not sharing the same view as you do.

• Members

I've seen it plenty lately. Not always on the ATWT thread, but we did have this issue come up on this thread not that long ago.

If you say something like "No one wants to see X", some people are going to jump on it because it does sound like you are trying to speak for everyone. Anyway, I'm not taking issue with comment, I'm just saying that everyone has a right voice their opinion without being shouted down or told they are wrong. If hearing an opposing view annoys someone, they should be on a character or couples board, not a general discussion board.

• Members

I think comments like "no one" or "the majority" are so subjective anyway, I don't quite understand why anyone gets ticked when they're used. What the poster means is "I", so what's the dealio? It's totally different when someone goes out of their way to attack your personal opinion.

Interestingly enough...I don't hate Janet. I don't even hate her as a Carjack speed bump. And I've loathed them all except for Hal. Maybe it's because she's not suddenly being touted as the "anti-Carly", or we haven't been told (as Carjack fans) that we should be "honored" to have her messing with Carjack. *coughSarahBrownPaulLeydencough*

I don't think she's that great a character (way, WAY too much like Rose for my taste), but I think Julie Pinson is a good actress. And I think I've seen the writing on the wall....Brad is way too involved in Jack and Janet's relationship to not get his panties in a twist, which will no doubt encourage her again.

I just personally thought the SCENE was skeevy. I didn't find it hot to have Janet suddenly be "Mistress Pie" offering it up to Jack as casually as she did. All the little bells and whistles went off in my head, remembering how Liberty kept describing her as bouncing from man to man.

I was really shocked to not see any of Carly in the previews. Seeing Margo "gunning" for Em...scared the bejesus out of me.

• Members

Nice to see you posting, V!

And y'know I'm going to love it when Jack deals with Holden. :D

And going back to Cyndi's stop in Oakdale...y'know what bothers me about it? That it was totally contained to Nuke. There wasn't ONE other regular character in that story. NOT ONE. Why wasn't Kim or Katie there covering the event for WOAK? Why wasn't Em or Casey covering it for The Intruder? It could have pulled in so many characters, and really said something. Instead it was all Luke asking bad questions and Cyndi playing matchmaker.

• Members

That told me that Jack/Janet are short term. It was just way too easy. Personally, I would love to see Jack, Carly, Lily or Holden in a real relationship with someone else. I don't care which of those 4 it is, I'd just like to see one of them in a different relationship that is more than just a speed bump. Maybe have Lily marry someone else for a year or two. I don't care if Lily and Holden end up together down the road, that's fine, but I'd like to have one of these people have a serious alternate relationship. It's been ages since that's happened. Simon and Julia 2 (with Jack or Holden) and Katie don't count because it was very obvious from the start of those relationships that they would never last. It's too bad they didn't keep Kin Shriner's character on for Lily and have them marry and build a life together. Anything to shake up the stale formula this show has going on with it's lead characters.

• Members

From your lips to God's ear. All it told me was a man wrote that scene, and I was right, Richard Culliton was SW yesterday. I know this will sound like an agenda, but I think Julie Pinson and Jon would have mad chemistry. And I definitely think Lily needs someone new. I don't even think the right man for her is on the canvas right now though. I'm really relieved that there doesn't seem to be a Jack/Lily revenge hook up in the works. I've had enought of Pissy's swapping quads to last a life time.

Archived