ATWT: Week Of June 30th

• Members

Well said, Peej. I might not post in ATWT threads alot, but when I do, I never attack anyone for their opinions, nor do I accuse them of trying to force feed me their distaste. I simply observe that I have a different opinion and move on. I don't make bitchy comments to start a whirlwind of drama...nor do I pop in from time to time just to tell everyone I feel the exact opposite as everyone here and then vanish for a week. That's called "baiting" and it's EXTREMELY immature and unnecessary.

Everyone here isn't going to have the same opinion. If someone hates the character of Bob, I'm not gonna pop in and say how much I openly adore him, gush about just how awesome he is, and then accuse the "Bob-hater" of trying to get me to hate the character just because they said they hated him. That's THEIR opinion...not mine. And I'm fine with that.

And I agree with PJ's comment about never posting in a thread and turning around to accuse people of "groupthink". Yes, people might share an opinion, but its not like we exchange private messages and make plans to attack others for going against our opinions.

:rolleyes: Some people....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm the first one to mention "group think" and I was taking more about the board generally than this particular thread. I've seen a couple of people leave SON lately because when they post a particular opinion all that follows is snotty comments and snide remarks. Personally, I do think people should be stronger than that, but then again I post a Daytime Dish, so I'm used to dealing with people who are a lot nastier than people are allowed to be on this board. The only reason I mentioned it at all is because I didn't want to see this thread lose people the way the Y&R thread did.

This has nothing to do with people agreeing with each other, it has to do with treating those with the minority opinion with the same respect you give to those who agree with the majority. If you do that already, then my comment doesn't apply to you. Anyway, I'm just going to let this issue go because at the end of the day, I'm going to give my opinion no matter who or how many people disagree with me. I hope everyone does the same.

• Members

^^ I don't think Dallas has said anything other than, "Jack/Margo, you have a call on line 1/2/3" since Maddie left the show.

And I still miss Maddie, and the completely inappropriate chemistry she had with Dallas #1.

Um... last week.

I still love the Holden/Carly story. I love that Holden and Carly are both so confused, and are trying to do the right thing but not doing it very well. I thought Holden's jealousy, and his confusion/misery at being jealous, were both very well done by Jon Hensley, and their confrontation/almost kiss Thursday was hot.

I hated Janet when she first showed up - now I like her. She's fun. And I'm enjoying her and Jack - though it's kind of funny that Jack's involved right now with someone who is almost as manipulative as Carly. It will be interesting when he figures that out.

I don't understand Casey/Emily. Mostly, I don't understand Emily. I never have, and I probably never will. She has a self-destructive streak a mile wide and she always blames all her idiocy on everyone else, and that bores me. "hey! I'm going to sleep with/fall for a guy many years my junior, who happens to be the son of my worst enemy/ex flame, and who is the half brother of my OTHER son! Woohoo!" And you just know she's going to somehow make this all Margo's fault.

But overall, I'm enjoying ATWT much more than I was about five months ago, and I'd have to lay that squarely at the feet of Carly/Holden and the addition of Janet and Liberty to the unholy mess that is Jack/Katie/Brad.

• Members

Thanks, lurknomore. I have been ff through so much of ATWT that I occasionally miss things.

Same here. Carly/Holden and now Brad/Janet/Jack are holding my interest. I do like seeing the vets more which is why I would have liked the sexual harassment story to last longer.

I loved the scene in the dark when Holden went over to Carly's house all jealous also. I wish Holden wouldn't lead on Lily because it is the only thing ruining the story.

The tension between Brad and Jack over Janet has turned out to be very entertaining. I imagine they will be butting heads even more once Brad finds out about Parker and Liberty's romance.

NuCasey is hot and can act. He is being wasted in this story with Emily, but I appreciate that it is giving Margo and Tom some airtime. I have never gotten used to this Emily with the blonde hair and pixie look. Her behavior is so irrational and random which is why she has probably lasted this long. She is a completely new character to me much like this NuMeg.

• Members
Same here, but since Carly/Mike have been there and done that several times (with SC and his replacement) I don't necessarily want to see Carly/Mike part three. Although I must agree ( with who ever said it ) that there is chemistry between NuMike and Carly.

Yes Meg seems to have gone from trollop to Nurse Joy and has become predictable while Paul needs a large dose of Stenbeck.

By making Liberty a mini Janet, TIIC seem to be headed in that direction. Hopefully there won't be another teenage pregnancy s/l in their future.

• Members

I wanted that too. Watching the Stewarts and Hughes go up against each other was good. I hope their feud continues, even though the court case is over. I'm so glad Kim knows that Chris was wrong now.

Oh, it's no problem. I think it's still going to be good to have more people in the thread. Hopefully, the fact that more people are inspired to post proves that the show is getting better. For awhile, I was lurking, but I just didn't care enough to post. I've watched this show for over 20 years and I actually deleted all of May off my DVR. That's the first time I'd missed more than one or two episodes in a row since college. It was just that bad for me. Then I started watching again in June and it was getting better, thank God. For awhile I really feared this show was going to take a dive the way GL has. We can barely keep a monthly thread alive over here.

Archived