Nelson Branco Has More on the Y&R Bloom/Griffith Situation, Plus More!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I am in the minority here, but I want JHC to stay at AMC. I want to see how well JHC and CP work together now that he is headwriter. I remember their work from Santa Barbara my all-time favorite soap so I can't wait to see what they have planned. As for Nelson vs. CBS/Barbara Bloom I totally support Nelson all the way.

• Members

JHC needs to leave AMC, her tenure has been one huge clusterfuck there. However, Y&R certainly doesn't need her, or any soap for that matter. I think JHC works best as a lower-level producer, which she was for years on Santa Barbara and then on GH.

As I said before though, I think Y&R could benefit from an EP change, just as long as the right person is hired. I want to know who though it was a wise decision to have Josh Griffith, who spent like 20 years WRITING for daytime, to automatically become such a high-level executive on the show? WTF is up with that?

David Shaughnessy is still close with the Bell's and directs for B&B. I'm sure if the Bell's made him an offer, he'd return. He loved Y&R and was Ed Scott's protege and most importantly got along well with the cast.

Look at this old team Bloom, this is most likely what your sagging show needs!

YR.jpg

• Members

Fact: JHC is the EP Babs is pursuing. JC's contract with AMC is up late summer or early fall. Frons may or may not renew her contact (if he's smart he'd cut her loose). One correction: when Bill stepped down as headwriter, Kay Alden (and her lapdog Trent Jones) took over. They started the ratings drive downward. Jack Smith was brought in to stop the slide. He did, to an extent, but he didn't grow the demos either, so Babs took the opportunity to bring in her old college buddy LML as story consultant, then manuerved her into the headwriting slot. So while LML was a disaster for the show, the dip in ratings started with Alden, who for me has always been overrated as a headwriter. She was handed the number one soap, but after Bill's stories played out, she floundered. She's not a storyteller.

• Members

If JHC were to leave AMC (which I don't think she will) I bet Jill Farren Phelps would take over so maybe her leaving isn't such a great idea.

Phelps was supposed to take over AMC from Francesca James (this was confirmed by Marcy Walker), she and Guza reportedly in a power struggle, she has a history with Pratt, and at the emmys she said how excited she was Pratt was at AMC.

Archived