Nelson Branco Has More on the Y&R Bloom/Griffith Situation, Plus More!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only Wendy Riche and Julie Hanan Carruthers were ever EP's of PC. I know Francesca was Supervising Producer on GH for a few years in the mid 90's and she directed occasionally for PC though.

Bloom worked closely with the ladies at GH/PC, that would be Wendy Riche, Shelley Curtis, Francesca James, and Julie Hanan Carruthers.

• Members

Maybe she's trying to get Phelps. Love her or hate her, she's got a great track record of knowing how to get the demos up. She can't be all bad...Harding Lemay has praised her as one of the best producers he ever worked with (probably when he was consulting at AW in the mid-90s). The one downside would be that she'd start bringing in her friends. I can see it now...Jensen Buchanan as the new Victoria, Kale Browne as the new Jeff Bardwell, and most dreadfully of all: "Written by Hogan Sheffer and Megan McTavish"

• Members

A voice of reason, Ann. I'll take his over the top drama with a grain of salt. He's ticked because Barbara Bloom banned him from the CBS party so obviously he is going to blow thingso out of proportion because he's angry with her. He reminds me of the tabloids. There may be a tiny bit of truth in the tabloid stories, but they are blown way out of proportion. Since he is so openly ticked at Bloom, it's very hard to take his bad mouthing her seriously.

• Members

WORD

Blanco likes attention. What he's said about GL and Wheeler has been critically correct, and some of the info about BTS stuff on the network (CBS) may be true, but much is probably blown out of proportion to get some buzz on the net. He'd walk naked down the street if someone would look. JMHO though B)

• Members

Whatever anyone else thinks of Nelson, the point is Griffith's job appears to be coming to an end. After weeks of hitting record low ratings, pushing certain characters on the audience, and lack of critical praise, it's time for him to go. Griffith is an amateur in his position, we need someone who knows what she/he is doing. True, his replacement might turn out to worse that he was, but I'm optimistic.

• Members

Nelson Branco is terrific. He's a freelance journalist, so he takes no prisoners. The fact is that while most of what he's said is bitchy gossip...it's probably more than accurate. It's no surprise that Babs makes the ladies at Y&R and B&B quiver in their high heels...that's all the bitch can do because she hasn't got any control! That's the big difference between Babs and Frons, Babs can huff and puff all she likes but she can't blow the house down, Frons can. CBS, Babs by extension, is simply the network Y&R and B&B air on and simply the studio in which they film. It doesn't own the shows and it doesn't have creative control.

I'm surprised that she even has storyline input, I hazard to guess that she wouldn't have it at Y&R if Bill Bell was still alive and probably still doesn't have it at B&B thanks to Brad, Lee and the rest of the Bells. That must make her furious so of course she swoops in and screeches all she likes!

I'm very curious about who the ex-ABC producer is...Riche, COULD IT BE?! My heart be still, that might just be a good idea!

In summary, rock on Nelson, sing it loud because you are preaching to the choir!

• Members

Since it's obvious that Bloom doesn't want to rehire anyone from the old Y&R, the only Friend of Bloom's I'd take at Y&R is Wendy Riche and/or Shelley Curtis. At least with them we knew we'd be getting a respectable soap opera that focuses on relationships, character history, and good overall drama.

• Members

Apparently the Bells hate Barbara Bloom bigtime. It was not Bloom's decision to fire LML, she was forced to by Sony and the Bells. The Bells absolutely hated LML's vision for Y&R. You have to understand for years and years CBS was never ever allowed to even make a comment on Y&R when Bill Bell was in charge. Not only did Bill have full creative control, CBS never ever interjected when he was in charge. The show was number 1 and CBS knew Bill Bell was a master. After Bill died and they hired LML from the outside, that was a sign things were going downhill. It was the first time an outsider was put in charge of a Bell show. LML took over and fired all the longtime Bell employees which had been been there for years and years. It was a sign Bloom and CBS were starting to micromanage Y&R and even Bloom became a writer on the staff of Y&R. I am sure the Bloom friend is JHC, she wanted Carruthers years ago to come to Y&R but she could not. Can you imagine if Bill Bell ever though would have saw LML's Y&R, I think the man would have had a heart attack.

• Members

Well, as many others have pointed out, The Bell's and Sony didn't want Latham at Y&R, but Bloom did and she got her way.

As our insider rain1 pointed out, Bloom has significant power and is looking for a new EP for the show. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear an announcement that Griffith is gone soon.

Archived