Y&R: Week of June 23, 2008

• Members

Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with two damsels in distress being barbecued at a community centre gymnasium. Happy July 4th!

I should issue the same warning for those "originality" purists.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My moment of complete awe with Thomas-Scott came when she realized that now that David has cashed in, he doesn't need her anymore. That single moment was utter perfection. Hell, I loved the whole buildup with her being so happy with the horse the other day, to now, for a lackluster storyline, that was pretty well done. MTS just proved again how wrong it was to shut her out of this year's Emmy race.

• Members

DISAGREE.

I loved the memory card business. This show needs comedy, and that fit the bill.

What I hated was the lazy writing around Zara. It was innovative that she would sell pics to the tabloids. But to call the photo agent IN THE BARN in front of Victoria....stupid stupid stupid. At least have her step outside or go to her car....

• Members

Separately, MTS and VI are wonderful. MTS made her scenes work, she pulled out all the stops, she went for it, did the ugly cry and succeeded. VI plays an addict really well, I believe in his struggle to stay clean from gambling and how he just falls apart. I bought it because it wasn't a happy union. THAT is what MTS and VI can't do: happy. It just comes off as sooo fake. Unhappy, they nail that.

When it comes to the memory card of Zara's camera...I would have written that differently. The way it was written wasn't funny, it was clunky. Instead of fiddling with the effing camera I kept expecting Victoria, Phyllis or Nick (or a combination of all 3) to 'accidentally' drop the damn thing into the punch bowl. THAT would have been good, for Zara to have a reaction to what they'd done, but not being able to really blow up since Victor was keeping an eye on her. That's what was missing from that scene, Zara's reaction...I'm glad Finola didn't do the gig, it'd have been just as bad as her stints on GH.

Archived