Y&R: Week of June 23, 2008

• Members

I felt like slapping her for wanting to work it out with David but the fact that I yelled at the screen showed how good those scenes were and hopefully is a good sign for the changing tide at Y&R. Loved how casually she was dressed and made up, too. Made the scene all the more reminiscent of the last time she broke down: when Vicki was in a coma.

Loved the vows. very romantic. I just wish what happens to Victor/Sabrina would happen already. I'm getting anxious for a change.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been liking the show again lately. The reason why the Nikki/David scenes worked, is because beyond the amazing acting, the music and direction was once against up to the Y&R standard. It was most notable when Paul knocked at the door, and Nikki went to answer it. It had that same heightened suspense, like last year during Nick's death when Nikki was grieving at home, there was a knock at the door, and outside was David to comfort her. Those scenes totally parallel in my mind.

Although I loved the performance, it was unnecessary to replay them so vividly in flashbacks today, unless they were trying to put it into an MTS Emmy tape for today.

• Members

True. Last year we had out-of-character almost assassination to her character, and she killed the material. This year, it looks like she may have a more character driven storyline, and I can't wait to see her sink her teeth into this one as well.

Those previews actually made me want to tune in too!

• Members

Well done. Last 10 minutes of the show = excellent. IMO. I did not see David coming back to Nikki like that. The look on her face at the end of the show said EVERYTHING. MTS is on fire.

I'm freakin' LOVIN Adam. The character is growing on me more and more everyday.

Here I thought we were done with Coleen/Adrian. WTF?!?! I really don't need to see anymore of that. Is there any chance she's back just for Lily's birthday? PLEASE??

Another good show, IMO.

• Members

I was thinking to myself when I was watching it today was how awesome it would have been if Finola Hughes got to play Sabrina's mother. That would have been such a juicy role for her too!

Archived