Y&R: Week of June 23, 2008

• Members

As far as I'm concerned nothing and no one will ever be as bad as THE BUG. It was years upon years of her self righteous boring self dominating the show. If ever a character rivaled Jason Morgan for the most propped soap character ever, it was Cricket. Her years at Y&R scarred me for life :lol: and I will never forget the awfulness that was Christine. She made me a PhyllisFF4life. Compared to Cricket, Lily is nothing but a minor blip on the bland girl radar. She's a little annoying, but she doesn't come close to approaching the never ending, nightmare that was Christine Blair, and she never will. Her airtime would have to triple, she'd have to have every guy on the show falling for her and she'd have to have a job as a saintly Dogooder before she is even a contender. The day LLB left the show the first time was one of my happiest as a soap fan. All these years later and there are still the occasional days when I still take a moment to thank the soap gods her reign of terror ended.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The good news... Y&R is watchable again.

Watching Cane with Lily and the other kids is embarassing. This guy needs a real woman like Phyllis or Lauren, not Lily, aka Poor Man's Cricket.

Chloe is a lot of fun and I enjoy the fact that she seems to bother the "gang" all the time. However I would have prefered it if they had brought her as Jill's niece Jennifer Foster.

Ubermodel Lily is boring as hell. There is no way this person grew up with Dru in the house. Olivia yes. But Dru no way. And for some reason everybody things she is adorable. The only way I would get interested in her would be if Gloria caught her in bed with Jeffrey and then went after her. :P

I really enjoy Amber, but I don't want to see Phyllis as a medling mother in law. However it is time for her and Nick to break up and bring Phyllis to her former glory. Jack and Sharon should also get a divorce. These pairings are insulting to longtime Y&R viewers. I for one would love to see Jack marry Lauren. Now that would be fun.

Please close that magazine down now! Go back to your real jobs! What is next? Victor and Jill write an online soap opera together?

However I must admit that the show is in a much better shape than a few months/weeks ago. A few weeks ago I wouldn't bother posting about it...

PS: I adore Kevin. But why turn him into ATWT's Henry? He is too young to run the Brady Pub with his lady.

• Members

You don't know how hard I'm hoping that Janna loses her mind again right before the wedding and tries to kill Kevin or someone else. I feel justified in my hopes because every time Kevin and Janna talk about the wedding it's in a different place with a totally different theme. I can only hope this is a sign that it will never happen at all. And now that Colleen is working at CL, I think maybe they're going to go there with Kevin and Colleen. I only wish it were AL in the role of Colleen since she and GR made such good acting partners.

Archived