Y&R: Week of June 23, 2008

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ I'm holding on to any hope I can muster. I was one of the few people who really didn't mind LML. She was far from perfect, but her writing was never this mind numbingly boring. If only she hadn't fired Jack Smith. I feared what might come after her and I feel I was justified in that. The current regime has killed Y&R for me. I just wish they would get Jack Smith back because I'm afraid we are going to completely lose the feel of classic Y&R.

• Members

I'd hate to see the show develop into one of those soap operas that keep changing bad HWs/EPs for even worse ones. That's why I'd like to see someone from the old crew team back, at least to save what's left of the dignity.

• Members

I feel the same way. I didn't mind LML when she was paired with Alden and Smith. Her biggest mistake was firing the "core" of Y&R....the writers that knew the show and characters in and out, and replaced them with her FOLML. Y&R hasn't recovered, and though I like Hogan, I don't think he's going to fix everything that's wrong with the show. They need their former writers back.

• Members

I liked the show today. Victor/Sabrina's wedding - the beginning of their marriage - juxtaposed with the ending (supposedly) of Nikki/David's marriage. I thought the show was well put-together. Must see TV? Not really, but good nevertheless.

Victor is obviously taking Adam's relationship with Heather as a betrayal IMO. That will cause some angst for them, but I hope the writers keep them together cuz they are my fave couple right now, on any soap.

• Members

Please describe how David explained to Nikki why they should divorce.

I wish someone would explain why the writers would shy away from the beautiful s/l that would've developed if Paul had helped Nikki out of the hands of a killer. Oh, what would have been...

• Members

Anyone else think they should hook up Nikki and Paul? That would be awesome to me personally. Maggie is never around and Nikki and Paul have great history. I would love for Christine to come back too but that's just me. I know I'm in the extreme minority on that.

Not looking forward to Hogan's newest reign of terror. Again I'm in the extreme minority but I like Y&R right now and Sabrina is my new favorite soap character. I liked the wedding too and Victoria helping out Sabrina and her dad by getting rid of Sabrina's mom's pictures. Old skank selling out her daughter ...

• Members

Dude, even Sheffer can come up with a better cliffhanger than "Will Phyllis and Nick get the memory card so the press doesn't print photos of the wedding?! TUNE IN TOMORROW!"

I'll take BAD story over this.

ETA: Yes, you can all quote me on that. And remind me in six months when there's a bad story that I said it. I don't care. I mean it now, and I'll mean it then. I don't even have anything to COMPLAIN about. It's just NOTHING.

• Members

I'd like Nikki and Paul. Sort of a full circle for those two.

Now if David gave her gonorrhea and she passed it on to Paul, I'd suspect Ron Carlivati was writing ;):P:D

What happened to Maggie? Did I miss something? She was just startng to grow on me.

• Members

She hasn't been on for quite some time, but I don't think they've given an explanation. In fact, I'd forgotten all about her and had started shipping Nikki/Paul before someone mentioned her in this thread. Not that remembering her changes my mind.

I agree with those who will take bad story over boredom.

Archived