AMC: Actress confirms her departure

• Members

according to DaytimeConfidential http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/05...all-my-children

4-photo.jpg

Soap Opera Weekly is reporting that Leven Rambin (Lily/Ava) has issued a statement confirming her exit from All My Children. The talented actress has made more of name for herself in the pages of the NYC society blogs of late, as her lookalike characters have rested on the backburner. Here's Rambin's statement to her fans:

"First of all, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your unwavering support of me and my characters over the past 4 years. As you know, I started All My Children when I was extremely young, so I essentially grew up there; memories of my teenage years will consist mostly of days (and nights) spent at All My Children.

It has been such an amazing forum for me to grow as a person and an actress. I was so fortunate to be in such an environment for the past 4 years. But, alas, much like my peers who are graduating high school around this time, it's time to move on. Four long but amazing years of my life have been spent with All My Children, and I will always look back on my experience there fondly.

I feel it is time for me as an actress to expand and have new opportunities, and I thankAll My Childrenfor respecting my decision. My last filming date was May19th. I am looking forward to that day with optimism but a sense of sadness as well. I have come to an understanding that soap fans are unlike any other; dedicated, passionate, and loving. I am honored to have you all rooting for me.

All my love,

Leven "

---------------------------------------

Her goodbye message is fascinating. On one hand she is being gracious to her fans and supporters. On the other, she sounds more than ready to be OUTTA THERE. "Long" and "hard" crop up a couple of times, and she ain't talking about male appendages.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest I think this hurts AMC more then it helps so I can't say that I am happy that she is leaving. She was one of the most talented ingenues on the show since the turn of the century and AMC lacks ALOT of young talent.

• Members

SOW - Here a departure interview with Leven Ramblin:

WEEKLY: What made you decide to leave AMC?

RAMBIN: It's been four years. I put in my time there, and I think I've done as much as i can do with the characters. I want to go on to different things. The show has changed so much. I don't really know anyone there anymore. I don't know who my scenes would have been with. So many people come and go and come and go and leave after their four years are up. I never thought that day would come for me , and then it was right there. I'm scared, but I'm really excited.

WEEKLY: How will they write off the characters?

RAMBIN: Lily's going to MIT. That's positive. she says "Pine Valley will always be my home. I want to come visit, and you guys have to come visit me. I'm going to miss you." It's was very open-ended. She sould come back for a wedding, a baby, a funeral. Ava went to California or Europe for modeling, There was not a send-off for her.

WEEKLY: Who were your last scenes with?

RAMBIN: Zach, kendall, Greenlee and Jackson. It was very family-oriented.

WEEKLY: How did it feel to film your final scenes?

RAMBIN: I was bawling the whole day.

Archived