AMC: Beth Ehlers Offically joins AMC but not as Liza!

• Members

like me! Id love her if she did. Those two need to end like yesterday

It did wonders for GH's Jax when he came on the show and got between Sonny and Brenda. Jax and Brenda went on to become one of the show's most popular couple back in their day. It wasnt a kiss of death. Its pretty much why he's been able to stick over 10 years later, thanks to that incredible boost he got when they moved forward with Jax/Brenda despite the immense popularity of her with Sonny

There was also Danny being brought in and coming in between Jesse/Michelle on GL

PC's Rafe joining and coming in between Alison and Jamal. Ditto with Caleb doing the same with Jack/Livvie

B&B's Taylor in the Brooke/Ridge pairing

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, im beyond tired of the pairing, no matter how much I like Thorston and Alicia individually. I think that Thorston and Beth Ehlers would have great chemistry, and wouldn't mind seeing Alicia and RPG opposite each other for a bit.

• Members

Personally I think RPG and BE will be involved in each other's stories but I don't know if AMC is going to set them up to be the next supercouple. I think they have RPG in mind for Rebecca Budig, who has been suffering too long being paired opposite of blocks of wood.

Well, soaps will continue to keep putting characters between popular couples because it's a soap opera. Kendall and Zach will not be in marital bliss for the rest of their time on the show. And if they are, that will be the kiss of death, as the past tells us.

It would be one thing to recast a character like Dixie, when you have an actress who is willing to commit to the show.

Kelly Ripa? I'm sorry, but her idea of returning to AMC is to put in an appearance or two a year for a wedding or a funeral. If the show wants to use Hayley on a regular basis, they certainly shouldn't hold out because the original actress still wants to reserve the right for cameos. That's just ridiculous. The same goes for Marcy Walker. If you want nothing more than guest appearances, then you can't be surprised or angry when a show decides to recast the role with a performer who is willing to commit 100 % to the show, instead of commiting every now and then while juggling your children's ministry duties.

• Members

i do not understand why people think MW & KR would return. yes both have said they would - in terms of a holiday episode, a special apperance. not for a full on storyline. MW work withs kids now and seems VERY happy. KR, IMHO, only says she will return to save face.

• Members

So I'm supposed to be worried what Zendall fans think if BE was paired with Zach?

[!@#$%^&*] that!

Since when does Zendall fans dictate what does and doesn't happen on this show?

"Oh how sad...the Zendies might get upset."

BFD

• Members

What Roman said...

I erased and edited a lot of posts, basically everything after KK's post and the first two posts that started the Round 4 (some editing went there). There is no need to get personal at all. The fanbase bashing, not good as well - there's a place to do that I think if you want - this thread isn't the place. I get that people show arrogance, but being offensive is not the answer. And offense leads to defense which leads to crap just getting too dang dramatic. Carry on :)

I'll help get us back on topic...

I agree, I don't feel either actress marked the role, well maybe MW more than KR. Liza's got infamy and that's all MW. I just think BE seems a bit too young to play Liza, as well.

I do think the show absolutely missed the boat by not bringing in these two GL peeps in as Hayley and Mateo. Built-in believable connection to play with their chemistry in all different kind of ways. If they do try to recreate something there I doubt it's gonna be as natural as they could have gotten it by doing the H/M angle.

• Members

I'm putting my money on her being cast as Mia.

Mia was a Liza's sister, Jake's girlfriend and the mother of Frankie's illegitimate child (assuming they choose to remember that. I won't bitch if they don't). Frankie and Jake seem to be forming a friendship a la Jesse/Tad. This would be an interesting dynamic. Liza's sister, Tad's brother, Jesse's son... Plus she was a Fusion founder.

Just a thought.

Archived