April 7-11, 2008

Toups

• Members

Now, see I enjoy Zach and Kendall scenes. I actually enjoy Ryan and Annie scenes but when they play the whole "who will end up with who" angle it makes me want to blow chunks. That is so stupid. If they want to do Rylee just flipping do it already and put the rest of us out of our misery and move the heck on!!

Right now, I'm enjoying all the other parts of the show. At first I had a little resentment toward KWAK and the J&A story but she hasn't been over the top or scene stealing or anything so I'm okay with it. I used to LOATHE Jabe but I've been suckered and I'm digging their vibe right now. JY has really stepped it up. I think he's a terrific actor but for a while there it seemed like he was phoning it in. I LOVE the fact that Opal has been around. I didn't realize how much I missed her. Joe has been in the mix. I like Frankie. I love to hate Ritchie. I LOVE the Erica story. I wish we could get some story started for Josh and Amanda but as a whole, I'm a pretty stoked AMCer right now. I actually look forward to watching which is a big switch from recent history.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woohoo for AMC finally showing signs of life again!

I'm enjoying most of this soap these days except for the sextet and the Carey whores. A few months ago, that was all we got but now I have at least one story to look forward to each day (Erica, Jesse/Angie, Tad's resumed interest in finding Kate for starters).

• Members

GO GH!!!

Finally a nice bump.

For those of you who wish that GH tumbles below a 2.0, just remember that this also means that OLTL and AMC would be lower than that cause GH is always the top ABC soap. So if you wish the death of the soaps why come in this board, JMO

• Members

I never used to mind the mob that much, it's been around in PC for as long as I've been watching (early 80's). What I really miss is the romance between Sonny & Jason. Laugh if you want, but the show's been tanking since they broke up over Emily.

• Members

I am sure that AMC will continue to go back up in the ratings if they continue writing like they have for the past week or so. I just started watching again after leading that Zach and Kendall were going to work out their problems like adults and leave the JR high foolishness behind.

• Members

See, I don't really understand why so many people beg for this, week after week, claiming that having Guza or Frons gone will "save the show". History tends to show that when viewers leave, they don't often come back. Yeah, if GH fell to a 1.9 and Frons and Guza got fired, the new writers might be better. But they would still have a heck of a time getting those disgruntled ex-viewers to come back.

Personally, I'm elated to see that all four soaps I watch (all ABC + GL) got considerable bumps. They may have their flaws, but I just want to see them stay on the air.

• Members

when i said predicable. obviously you missed the part about the shootouts that occur..spoilers mags or no spoilers mags. nobody is psychic when it comes to who dies or don't die. yeah the spoilers help on predicting when contract players will die. but the dayplayers like mobsters that get involved in a shootout with Sason on daily basics. now those are unpredictable events...their is no way you can predict that a mobster will pull out his gun and shoot someone...ie'manny/lorenzo/AZ are just examples.. the list goes on. which is why GH is so popular on most Boards. the writing style is different then your typical soap opera. i believe if GH did end up on primetime. Guza would take GH to new heights. the dialogue is limited-less to a certain extent..actors on the shows for one thing can't curse. in the saprano's they had characters cursing all the time. even though we heard people say bitch/whore/slut..'etc'..on GH. you still have never heard any character on a soap say the F word. i'm not saying mobsters have to curse. but it adds alittle deph and seriousness to the show... take a look at what guza did on the last finale episode of Nightshift? it was in fact a primetime spinoff of GH. it seems as though it was just another shootout. but if you notice. those gang members were using curse words in spanish as they were shooting off their gun..little things like that can make a huge difference as to how viewers watch mob shows.. I'm sure without soap limits. guza can accomplish allot with GH..would it be a success on primetime? i dunno. hard for anyone to make that call. but GH sure as hell try's atleast to excavate itself from the rest of the soap bunch.

• Members

Well I know that answer....and it is No because you have to put talent into writing primetime shows or else it shows in the farce dialogue on the weekly episodes. With daytime, you are obligated to have five days' worth of scripts created each week, often meaning they are rushed and somewhat put together at the last minute at times. That is obviously what Guza favors since he goes from point A to F without filling in B through E (wow! a nod to another hack team, B&E!). Whatever creativity he may have had with his successful run at GH in the 90s ran out because I and thousands of others are not seeing it on the current GH.

He would not last on a primetime show, period.

• Members

first off, im sure there a hell of a lot of typos. sorry and if it bothers anyone skip this post because im too sick to spell check ir or proof read it...

okay hes the thing. general hospital has a over 40 year history. the show would not be here today without that history. over the last 10 years ratings on GH have dropped - A LOT. nad yes thats because soaps ratings have dropped and even due to dvr/soapnet/internet and all, but it also has a lot to do with how the show treats its history. it ignores it - or worse yet kills it off in lame plot points.

Guza was at one time greqat - and IMHO, he still can be - but he needs some help. he needs a co-HW and a good ep and a a good daytime pres to keep him in line. he is just like JER - give the man too much power and he will kill anything and everything he can. he has no touch with what fans want.

i honestly like the mob and the violence on gh. i love jason, and i even like sonny. but a balance is missing and its needed. onny use to be this good man who did bad things - and we knew that because we SEEN it, we were not force fed it like we now are. back then the show was about love and romance and yes they had action and adventure - even shootouts and murder. but it was so much more balanced now. sonny & co do not need to be front and center all day every day all year for 10 years like they have been. why cant Lucky & Nikolas headline the show? Why do we never see the Q's anymore? Whats going on in the hospital? Hows mac doing over at the station? or hell even at home since georgie was killed?

GH use to suprise you with couples. They would have 90% love storys and couples and whatnot and 10% murder. now its 99% violence and 1% love.

• Members

i Disagree, primetime shows have only been around for a couple years before getting cancelled. soaps have been on the air for decades due to their popularity. as good as primetime shows are. well some of them atleast are well written. but to be a good soap writer is hard work. like you said. soap writing is rushed because they have 5 days a week to get the scripts out their. but if it was on primetime. don't you think all that rushing would change? think about how balance the S/L's/characters would be if GH was on once a week? i mean look at most primetime shows? some of them are meant to show only one/two. and in some cases three/four major characters. soaps are more for the whole assembled cast. they have a harder job then primetime writers.. now with that being said. like i was saying. do i think guza would be a success on primetime? i don't know for sure. you have to understand that primetime has a different aspect then soaps. primetime writers are not limited to anything,. they could do damn well what they please and no-one can tell them otherwise. the dialogue on GH is not a problem. we still basically have the same writers when the strike started. remember when people were praising GH when garin wolf was writing? IMO i don't really notice any change. GH has always had great writing. i think it's the fascination of hate that people have for guza and his writing style that clouds their judgment. i know good writing when i see it. if it sucked. i would speak up on it. but i haven't seen anything remotely bad about it..so i can't agree with that.

Archived