MLB Thread

Toups

• Administrator

Some interesting trades and free agents signings have been happening

- BoSox gets Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell

- BlueJays sign closer BJ Ryan for $47 million over five years (Toronto is spending $$$$$?? Wow)

- WhiteSox get Jim Thome

- Mets get Carlos Delgado

If the Mets get Wagner and ManRam plus another starting pitcher, they'll be in contention for the World Series!

BlueJays have been talking to AJ Burnett and Mike Piazza.

Still waiting to see what the damn Yanks are going to do. Will they sign Johnny Damon or Paul Konerko?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am a huge Blue Jays fan, but is BJ Ryan really all that good? Does anyone know what he did last year?

I will be jumping for joy if the Blue Jays can aquire AJ Burnett and have 2 very solid aces with AJ and Roy Halladay going 1 and 2. I think all the Blue Jays need if they can get Burnett is one more power hitter and the Jays IMO would be solid contenders for the playoffs.

I however dont want Mike Piazza near my team. :angry:

• Members

B.J Ryan converted on 36 of 41 save opportunities last season for the Orioles. He is very strong, not 5 years/47 million strong but strong. I live in Toronto and follow the Blue Jays but I don't think a closer no matter how good he is will impact your team enough to make the difference between not making the playoffs and making them. If they could land A.J Burnett who while is not a #1 guy he would certainly add depth and provide a good 1 2 punch with Doc Hallady and a great 3rd guy in Chacin... and then you can insert Batista. For once in a very long time things are looking up in Jay land but if the Jays do not at least make the post season by 2010 or way before that then this BJ Ryan deal will go down as one of the most idiotic in baseball history.

• Members

I know I am excited for this year, plus the Jays just signed Overbay from the Brewers, who from what I hear usually hits over .300 and led the national league in doubles last year, but I havent looked at his stats, thast just what one of my friends told me about him.

I think the Jays can contend with the Red Sox and those damn Yankees, but the young talent will have to continue what they did last year, especially Chacin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Kirk! We got Troy Glaus! Man, if he stays healthy, he can hit 40 HRs for us. I like Orlando Hudson and the Jays will definitely miss his defensive play.

I'm looking at the Jays depth chart and I'm really excited for the 2006 season. Watch out Red Sox and Yankee fan, the Jays are coming for the AL East title! LOL

• Members

It's not the Yankees fault that they offered to pay more money than the Sox for Damon. Blame the Sox for being stupid enough to get rid of their players. :lol: We caught them sleeping, and we struck first. Now, if we can prevent Clemens from going to the Sox, I'll be happy.

• Members

Yeah I know, I dont think Miguel Batista will be a loss at all with BJ Ryan there, but I think Toronto will miss Orlando Hudson because he was so good defensively. But having said that the Jays have a good young second baseman in Aaron Hill.

I cant wait for 2006, the Jays are going to give the East trouble this year. I still think the Yankees are going to win the East because their lineup is just that good, but the Jays will definitely compete as long as they dont have too many injuries.

Archived