GL: Actress to jump to ABC?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. If this could possibly be true, then I would probably say that it's apparent that the current actors on the show are not happy with GL's current direction and haven't been happy for quite sometime. I mean, I'm a spoiler whore and all when reading about departures or firings, but I also take notice to the actors attitude when watching the show 'live'. Like with RPG, he looks like he's just over it and with Beth, I'm not surprised if her fan mail has been nothing but ugly recently within these past couple of months. Just my opinion. I also think Crystal Chappell wants to jump ship as soon as she can as well as Marcy Rylan. I wouldn't mind Marcy Rylan leaving because she's extrememly talented and I would want her to pursue other projects. Selfishly, I'd want Crystal Hunt back as Lizzie Spaulding because I miss her little dog Roxie. She was too cute!

• Members

Hasnt Beth leaving been rumoured ever since she was spotted talking to Mark Teschner at the Emmys a few years ago. Honestly, though, I cant see her on any of the ABC soaps, because in five or six years time she wont be used, not to mention she wont be the 'star' like she is on GL. It would be like Kristian Alfonso joining the cast of All My Children... it just wouldnt be the same. Plus she's FAR more likely to win an Emmy on Guiding Light.

• Members

For years I have always thought Beth would make a great Dixie re-cast. She just reminds me alot Cady McClain.

Now I certainly do not want her as Dixie knowing Cady would be willing to come back. But back when Cady left in 2001 (of her own choice and it did not look like she would be back) I thought if anyone could fill the role it was Beth.

• Members

I really don't want her paired with RPG again.

I loved Gus and Harley, but lightning never strikes twice, especially when it's these forced actor reunions with different characters. Like Stefan and Katherine on GH.

Of course, it's right up Frons' alley to pull something like that.

• Members

I think Beth would make a great addition to an ABC soap. I don't want her on AMC though. The gimmick of putting two actors paired on one show and doing it again on another rarely works. It hasn't worked well for ABC in the most recent past. So they shouldn't attempt it.

I could see her on OLTL. Either as a new character or as a recast. I wouldn't want her as Marty, though maybe Cassie or Kelly.

• Members

I could also see her as Kelly, and if it means Dan Gauthier comes back as Kevin then I'm all the more for it. However, I really think she belongs on GL...aside from Zimmer she's the star and it would be a blow to the show if they lost her.

Archived