People who never got nominated but should have!

corrsfan01

• Members

this is a topic to discuss actors/actresses who were never nominated for an emmy while on their shows. One i can think of right now is Ashley Bashioum (ex-Mackenzie, Y&R) why she was never won let alone never nominated for an emmy for her work in 1999-2002 still astonishes me to this day ant yet actresses like Christal Khalil are nominated more than once!

Found this clip and it kind of proves my point it's from 2000

mac visit's billy by his hospital bed

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anna Stuart never got a nod for her sublime work at AW and she most certainly deserved a supporting actress nomination somewhere along the line. Here's a clip that illustrates Stuart's showstopping abilities!

Donna & Vicky: Slapping! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObR9ZKnQS8

Carmen Duncan also got shafted for her beautiful work on AW. She really did a wonderful job reinventing the role of Iris. She should have been nominated, and won, an Emmy for this scene alone:

Iris Confesses to Mac that She was The Chief! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7dXPi8-TA

And this one is purely out of a personal bias but I think Lauren Koslow was really great in the scenes where the Kiriakis mansion burned down and Kate *lost it*

Kate Watches the Mansion Burn with Lucas Inside! http://youtube.com/watch?v=cx2BCSjN4ac

• Members

The BIGGEST SNUB is Emmy history belongs to Beverlee McKinsey for her work on GL. During the 91-92 season she was even considered the front-runner for that award, and they didn't even give her a nomination! Talk about a travesty! How sad is it that people like Vanessa Marcil and Natalia Livingston have Emmy's, yet the DIVINE McKinsey is Emmy-less, despite originating two of daytime's most original and dynamic roles (first as Iris on AW, then as Alexandra on GL).

• Members

LoL I didn't expect to open this thread and see Ash Bash of all people. But, I do see your point.

Some of the biggest snubs are:

The Young & the Restless

Alex Donnelly; Her portrayal of Diane was fierce but sympathetic at times.

Sabryn Genet; Just terrible, her descent into madness was brilliant.

Veronica Redd; Yes, I know she was a "secondary" character, but damn her scenes opposite Jess Walton were an acting triumph.

Jerry Douglas; I was sure this incredible performer would be nominated for his final work, but alas he didn't even receive a pre-nom.

Sandra Nelson; I truly believed her tenure as Phyllis was some of the best acting on the show. Raw, real, passionate performances.

I also think that it's a travesty that Melody Thomas Scott was nominated only once, and lost. She should have at least three nominations under her belt.

• Members

Oh these three are such good picks. It's funny I came back to this thread to post something about Veronica Redd! She was SO amazing when she and Jess Walton were pitted against each other in the Mamie vs Jill war. That was *epic* and masterfully acted by Redd. I can even picture the scene she would have used for the telecast: Jill and Mamie's fight has been interrupted by John so says "Let me talk to Mrs...Mrs..." to which Mamie responds "You mean the bitch don't you?" as she walks away with Jill livid. THAT was good.

• Members

Aww you're not a fan of Sandra Nelson and Jerry Douglas? I thought Jerry Douglas was one of daytime's better unsung heroes. His work was always understated and under appreciated. He also shared great chemistry with his onscreen children, and wives. I miss Genoa City's patriarch.

Sandra Nelson is usually a 50/50 opinion, but I seriously thought she ran with the gamut of emotions for her character and excelled. Plus, the chemistry she shared with Christian Leblanc was electrifying. I think out of both Phyllis's they shared more chemistry. If I was in charge I would have definitely wooed her back as Phyllis sister, or at the absolute least have her played Sheila "in disguise" in her last stint.

• Members

I agree with your choices to. i just couldn't think of weither some of them had been nominated or not. i always thought jerry douglas had been. also agree about katherine kelly lang (how DARE I forget her, lol). that first scene i posted i just stumbled across recently so that was on my mind.

• Members

I heard about a couple of years ago when discussing GL's history and discussing the past alums that Beverlee McKinsey never submitted anything because she didn't care about Emmy awards. Is that true?

I do think Laura Wright was snubbed during the "Reva unplugs Richard's life support" story. Laura Wright was REALLY good back then. But like you said before, the reason why she was snubbed was probably because she wants an Emmy. :lol:

Archived