Revealing Interview With Y&R Actor in SOW About Latham

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The tone sounds like a woman, so I'm guessing Melody Thomas Scott. The "Ashley" comment was made without any provocation from Hinsey, so I'd guess it's a woman close to Eileen Davidson who's worked with her forever. I remember MTS making a really negative comment about the Ashley situation when Davidson was abruptly let go. Also, Nikki is in the Phyllis/Nick orbit, so the specific comment about the ring is pretty telling too. I might've thought Tracey Bregman too, but the very generic comment about an actress friend of LML being let go (obviously a reference to Tammy Lauren) sounds like it would've come from someone with no or little scene contact with Tammy, and Bregman did share a number of scenes with her. Interesting stuff!

• Members

OTOH, the person might've phrased it that way to avoid naming TL. Perhaps, he/she assumed that TL hadn't been informed yet and that, if they said it the way they did, we wouldn't know to whom he/she was referring, either. Frankly, I don't buy TL's explanation on that HOMEFRONT message board that she left entirely of her own volition, friendship w/ LML or no. I mean, I could believe TL being loyal to LML, and that she had to turn down other work because of Y&R; but if what he/she implied in that interview is true, I think TPTB approached TL first (and not the other way around) because they had an agenda to rid the show of LML's influence every way they could.

I, for one, could read "an actress friend of LML" and assume they're talking about Nia Peeples. I'm not saying I did, lol, but I could!

• Members

At Usenet rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs, they are 100% sure it is Michelle Stafford. Which it could be.

In addition to use of the f-word, and discussion about things that Phyllis would care about (there is a picture of Stafford in last week's SOD at the GCAC talking to Adam and holding TWO water bottles...Ashley was loosely in her orbit....the pink ring that Phyllis wore...the 'not caring' about Ji Min), there is the (I had forgotten about this) 'friendship' between Hinsey and Stafford.

Stafford has been very familiar with Hinsey in that column before. Didn't Stafford once fly to NYC (when she was dating the hockey player) to appear at one of Hinsey's Blondies fundraisers?

I'm therefore increasingly convinced this was Stafford.

Remember, too, in terms of front-burner time, Stafford pretty much benefited from LML's pen. So that would explain why the discussion--although catty--was not outright negative about LML.

Although Bergman can say some withering stuff, I actually don't think he'd go anonymous like this.

• Members

It sounds like an interview she would give but it could also be Eric Braeden...he is known for being very outspoken on the state of the show and would definitely want to be kept anonymous.

Whoever did the interview deserves a high five for saying what has been on so many people's minds

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 6 2008, 05:31 PM)
William Devane said he flat out refused when LML didn't want his character to smoke cigars, a trademark previously. She's a loon.

Well leave it to LML for destroying trademarks. She obviously did not go by the Bells' trademark over telling successful stories because all her plots were plot driven with crap

• Members

I remember hearing that, during the 1996 Daytime Emmys, MS refused to sign autographs for people who booed Erika Slezak when she won for Outstanding Lead Actress. Good for her! They don't deserve autographs for booing a legend in daytime drama, who so happens to be a terrific actress at her craft.

The boos obviously came from a loss for Susan Lucci....as a Lucci fan, though, I would probably have been embarrassed to be a fan of hers if I was at the ceremony that night.

Archived