B&B release some new cast photos

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL that's why I love them. Totally trashy and they make the show seem so much fun.

In fact looking at the swimsuit one in particular with the stud in the background makes me think that B&B should use some of these shots for poster/magazine ad campaigns. They represent the kind of glamorous fun that you don't really see elsewhere on TV.

• Members

I think they are very reminiscent of the original B&B opening, which I think was so much more original and true to the theme of the show. I could see so many of these photos being used as part of their old montage. Like someone said, they have a great magazine feel to them. I hope they continue to do photo shoots like these.

KKL looks AMAZING. That woman cannot take a bad photo.

• Members

ICAM! The original opening captures the look and feel of the show. It was like flipping thru a fashion mag, and that's the point. It wasn't like anything else on soaps, and the original music (with the trumpets blaring like an elephant's roar) was the best! They really should return to the original format. It was so exciting to see the new pictures when a new cast member would join. Now the opening sucks. It's awful. It is a standard soap opening too similar to gh, oltl, atwt, fill in the blank. It's a yawnfest.

SF, JM, KKL, RM, AJ, ED, LK, Heather Tom, WD and even KL (who I'm not a fan of) look great!

MSJ looks fantastically buff! Why can't B&B pair Det. Baker with Bridget? It would be a lot better than letting Budge pant after her mother's scraps yet again. First Ridge, then Nick, then Ridge, then Nick, then Nick again! Bridget never learns, and worse is she's being encouraged by the so-called smart Katie!

I luv MM's white feathered dress, but hate the extensions! All of LK's outfits were very felicia!

• Members

THANK YOU! I've long thought that the reinvented B&B opening is just terrible! Especially the music, I liked that brassy theme from the 80s. And the magazine style opening, there was so much right about that opening, the current one is beyond generic and dull. That being said the current opening does allow new characters to be slotted in relatively easily, perhaps that was the point. I imagine the old opening was hard to do that for.

• Members

They hired fashion photographer Gilles Toucas again who also did last year's shoot.

Seems Brad Bell was very happy with lst year's results and even went a little further budget-wise - the results are stunning. I particularly liked that instead of last year when they made woman to objects they this time stayed to true to B&B with it's strong female cast and made the men their boytoys - e.g. that Jenniger Gareis pool shot.

I'm thinking and hoping that B&B will have some amazing Variety ads for Emmy-time and/or that these cast spread will be part of magazine report any time soon, Vanity Fair doesn't do it any better with their own photographers.

• Members

Word word WORD on missing the old opening credits. People complained that Susan Flannery and Ronn Moss looked so much younger there than on the show itself, but I personally loved the look-back-in-time aspect of that. Plus, the Art Deco font? The fabrics running across the screen? The glossy stills? It was like flicking through Vanity Fair. And ITA sheilaforever, I think it is on a par with Mario Testino and Annie Leibovitz's work in the magazine.

I don't mind the basic premise they now have with the photographer shooting the model, but the colors in the current credits are so cold and muted. It washes everybody out. They could keep the photog/model aspect at the beginning and end, change it to black-and-white (so that the red-and-white B&B logo pops out) and then launch straight into these glossy, colourful stills which speed up and slow down as the music does.

I also like the inclusion of the actors' names -- but without the character names. Individual shots with the actors' names... peppered with location stills in between. Susan Flannery could even end the shots with a lingering "and SUSAN FLANNERY as STEPHANIE" tag-line. Although I doubt she'd agree to that. She's always been very vocal about it being an ensemble and stressing that the "core four" are on an equal footing.

That picture of luscious Katie in pink lounging on the sofa reminds me of Brooke in her bikini in the original opening. Love it!

And, yeah, I miss the dynamic original music, too. Though slightly dated, it was a real signature tune like Dynasty and shouldn't have been changed.

• Members

I love the opening of the current opening, lol. The model and the guy taking her picture. I would love for the camara to flash bright and then glossy HQ glamour shots of the cast pop up like a magazine, then another camara flash and it is back at the model and the B&B flashs.

• Members

Ya know I never hum along to the updated opening music. But I used to hum along to the old music! It was the best, and it still is the definitive b&b opening score.

The new opening must be easier for new cast members. But the opening is neither bold, nor beautiful! It's not the show. At all!

Archived