ATWT Monday February 4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmn....solid episode I guess.

I still don't understand Emily's decision to confess her hookerdom to Margo. Her trying to pin Chris wasn't about her truly believing that he'd harm Bob, it was to divert suspicion from herself. Or at least that's the way she and Paul made it seem the other day. So, I don't see what advantage she gains by going to Margo, or why Paul suggested it. Paul barely raised an eyebrow at the suggestion that Em was a prostitute...so it's not like I believe he cares if Em's custody is threatened. This entire plot sucks.

WTH is wrong with Will? I cringed when he went off on Babs. Sure...Gwen's realization that she'd worsened the situation by encouraging Sophie's visits and REMEMBERING that she'd "just taken off" with Billy were nice nods to history, but I still don't sympathize at all with her.

Holden/Lily...snooze.

Luke/Noah....yeah, uhm....how can I delicately put this. As much as I want to credit TIIC with "not treating Nuke differently than any other teen romance", I find the way they portrayed the young adult gay community cheesy at best, and offensive (and pandering to the potentially offended segment of the audience) at worst. Nice work, IIC, portraying Nuke's peers as sexually promiscuous druggies. When they say "we're not treating them differently", it's supposed to be a good thing. So often it's not....they're often written just as sappily and dumb as Aaron and Lucy were. Not. A. Good. Thing.

• Members

I think Paul thought Chris would go to Margo and try to pin it on Emily, which is why he suggested she go. I don't think he BELIEVED Chris' prostitute remark, at least that's the impression I got from his facial expression to Em when he brought it up. It seemed like he thought Chris was being a jerk and said a stupid comment. And I think Emily realized he didn't believe it, b/c that's why she sorta stopped and looked at him for a moment.

• Members

We've seen Luke and Noah out and about with friends before, so it's not like they don't know other gay people. There is definitely a segment of the gay community that's exactly like the guys we saw today. Still, planting jealousy in Luke's mind before he even gets to first base with Noah during their relationship speaks volumes. I do think he stands a chance of actually getting kissed if they go to that house, though. Tongue, even! I wonder why the CBS synopsis has completely omitted them from a description of the episode.

Is more horrendous camera work in our future? When Sophie was on the bus, I thought someone slipped a stocking cap over the lense.

I do hope Margo is closer to singing like a canary about Emily's whoredom. The most unintentionally funny scene of the day had to be Ms. Stewart having to get dressed outside of her hotel room.

• Members

LOL...I understand your point. If Paul didn't bat an eye because she shot and rolled him off a cliff, I approve. (and honestly, with Em's sexual past, even if she ran a brothel, I'm not sure why it would surprise anyone..) I don't know...I just don't buy Emily turning on Chris like this. I will say, the only admirable thing Paul's done recently is charge in make sure Chris didn't manhandle Em, even if she deserved Chris' anger.

I just found the Nuke stuff lame. I can hear The Scabs In Charge now..."hmmn..how can we avoid Nuke sleeping together...let's make the rest of Oakdale's gay community stoner swingers." WTFever.

And the scabs don't keep track of the writing any better. Faith and Nat were supposed to be sharing a room, thus giving Noah a room. But they still have Noah on Emma's couch. And Lily's got a big ol' house sitting empty across the way. *eyeroll*

Archived