Days: Thursday Jan, 31

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Stefano: "Nooooooo.....Nooooooooo......Noooooooooooo." That was so bad. :lol:

I thought the scenes leading up to the Colleen reveal was pretty awful too.

And EJ blaming Stefano for Sami's rape? WHAT! Own up to your mistakes, EJ.

• Members

The DiMera siblings lamenting whether they should help Stephano was good. It was great seeing Lexie integral in those scenes. I laughed when Tony kissed Steffy and then told him to rot in hell. Stephano calling him a son of a bitch was hilarious! That scream at the end gave me chills LOL.

Damn... I guess DAYS isn't rocking for many. This thread is practically dead :(

• Members

I don't blame the writers for what happened to Colleen as far as the length goes. That is probably all they could afford or all she would agree too. The story is not as good as it should be but it's almost what I expected. Hogan would've just wrote it a bit better but this is what I expected. I totally agree about the Shawn/Belle/Philip/Chloe thing. The show is not garbage. I don't like Higley either but things are still happening. Last week was boring and draggy but things have picked back up.

Steve/Adrienne was a tad rushed but considering she is never on, there was no other way, really since I doubt they would see her as important enough to build up to it, especially since Justin and her kids are offscreen (still wish we had seen Justin at some point, even if it was short).

I do think the goodbye was well-done and true to both characters and their relationship. I think there may have been a little ad-libbing too and knowing Judi, she didn't even have to act in those scenes because she was sad to be leaving. You could tell she was really broken up so what we saw was all the more real. Loved the camera angles too and how they focused on them at the bar, on Steve's face, and on Adrienne blowing a kiss (sweet moment). The close ups were affective and the music used was very good for the emotional content. I did get teary-eyed watching it. It was well done for what it was. I also liked Steve not knowing where Dubai was. I think that was ad-libbed on his part. Hopefully, Judi returns some day in some capacity.

Sami/EJ scenes weren't much but nice to see that their story has progressed.

The hospital scenes with Lexie, Tony, and EJ were good. I like how they each recounted all Stefano did to them. Tony's line about him rotting in hell followed by Stefano saying "Son of a bitch" was the best. I also liked Stefano's inner thoughts today. I just hated that over the top "No!!" at the end. Otherwise, good stuff. Nice to see Lexie back with her family. Loved the Tony/Anna scenes too and seeing Caroline and Roman around again, along with the Steve/Roman/Lexie interaction. Good that they still mention the Ford story even when the young cast is not on. Good followup writing. Loved how mysterious Lexie was about the patient's condition. Better then just letting things out right away. I like it and it will be intriguing to the spoiler free.

The Ireland stuff was ok. Maybe because I seen it already but it did fall falt. They dragged out the reactions way too long. It's almost like they wanted to stall things for some reason. The scenes were short and nothing moved until the end where she finally came out and said her name, which we all knew and they all knew. I had no problem with the reaction but it was repetitive and dragged way too long. Loved the interactions and Shirley really did do a good job. Loved the Crystal/Belle/Shawn/Philip/Chloe stuff. I have to laugh seeing Chloe involved in a Dimera/umbrella story like this. I never thought I would see the day :lol:

• Members

This is exactly like when OLTL cast Marian Seldes to play Dorian's heretofore unseen mother, Sonya Cramer. All that attention paid to explaining Dorian's murky, dysfunctional childhood, and they finally introduce her presumed-dead mom - and cast a theatre legend, to boot - only to kill her off again after a measly two or three eps?

And I won't even go into Victor Lord's brief resurrection from a few years back. Let's just say, Ron Carlivati was onto something when he had Dorian questioning whether that man was the real Victor in the 10,000th episode.

• Members

I love the scene with Anna/Tony.This couple are so funny when they on.

I love to toups the qua of Belle/Shawn/Phillip/Chloe.

Someone where they are telling that Belle and Shawn will return soon after when they will depart but i don't if it's the same person or not.I hope it's true

• Members

I am sure it would've been the same, even under Hogan. Shirley doesn't come cheap and the Santeen stuff was ended very quickly once Ed started. I don't even think he wanted to go back to it but they decided to when they decided to make

I don't like Higley either but, so far, other then hit or miss dialogue and things being flat or draggy at times, it hasn't been that bad. At least there is a balance. I figured the Colleen stuff would be what we we getting now and I am happy it is. Why drag a story out that most of the audience hated to begin with? It's better off this way and it serves it's purpose for story so they can finally move on.

• Members

Toups i think new writers along with some of these storyline shifts are exactly what Days needs right now. Im not a fan at all of Hogan Sheffer's previous work on the show and im really hoping against hope that he doesn't return. He had the show in a rut practically his entire stint but now, in my opinion it looks like it may be coming out of it. Of course its to soon to tell for sure, but i for one have been pleased with these past couple of weeks of shows. :D

• Members

Dena SuckMy Dickley is penning the show. The stories have already begun heading south. That, combined with the recent casting news and whatnot, has caused me to lose a great amount of interest in Days. I won't be watching every episode anymore.

Archived